Illinois, Sunday, Feb 10th, 2:00 pm.

Started by leg turk, February 07, 2019, 08:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrestling Thug

The crowd was ridiculous in the yelling of stalling throughout the match! Be fair in your judging of both guys trying to set up! I'm not favoring either team, but it's ridiculous when the crowd influences the refs! Moran should of got dinged more, but it was pretty silent when he wasn't being offensive! Be fair! Good win Wisconsin!

wrastle63

Quote from: Wrestling Thug on February 10, 2019, 03:55:04 PM
The crowd was ridiculous in the yelling of stalling throughout the match! Be fair in your judging of both guys trying to set up! I'm not favoring either team, but it's ridiculous when the crowd influences the refs! Moran should of got dinged more, but it was pretty silent when he wasn't being offensive! Be fair! Good win Wisconsin!
Moran "stalling" and Gunther laying on bottom are two different things. Moran was defending shots he got hit twice that's plenty.

npope

Wow!! Great win for the Badgers given how depleted they are right now. Nice to see Breske pull out a win. A lot to like about this team.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

dad 2 5

Quote from: Harris on February 10, 2019, 03:28:10 PM
Does anyone see Connor Brown around the field house?

I did not, Saw Zander and Ryan with the team (redshirts section, can you say SSSSTTTTTTTTTAAAAALLLLLLIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGG)  :)

dad 2 5

Quote from: npope on February 10, 2019, 04:03:56 PM
Wow!! Great win for the Badgers given how depleted they are right now. Nice to see Breske pull out a win. A lot to like about this team.

Got to love the motor the guys are showing!

Jimmy

Thug, it's called home mat advantage. It's the refs job to be impartial not the fans.

Ghetto

Quote from: Luke Louison on February 10, 2019, 05:21:33 PM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on February 10, 2019, 04:26:28 PM
Quote from: npope on February 10, 2019, 04:03:56 PM

Got to love the motor the guys are showing!

I wanted Bono mainly because I thought we were getting an all-world recruiter. I had no idea that in one season, we were going to transform into the best conditioned team around. It's awesome!

+1
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

imwi

Quote from: Wrestling Thug on February 10, 2019, 03:55:04 PM

You are incorrect Thug.  I was being fair, when green was stalling I was up out of my chair screaming, when red was stalling I was calling for it but just to myself  ;D

Wrestling Thug

I watched the match on my computer and I could hear the same guy through out most of the match! Maybe that was you that was leading the stalling choir!? ;D

bigoil

No, there was an older gentlemen sitting close to the announcer and camera, he was all over the stalling.

"Thats not a stalemate, that's a stall"

What an absolute team victory of kids who have bought in. I sat right next to IMar and he was beside himself with our hustle. Couldn't figure out why we are screaming when their guy took an extra second to get back to the line or referees position.

imwi

Quote from: bigoil on February 10, 2019, 08:06:48 PM
No, there was an older gentlemen sitting close to the announcer and camera, he was all over the stalling.

What an absolute team victory of kids who have bought in. I sat right next to IMar and he was beside himself with our hustle. Couldn't figure out why we are screaming when their guy took an extra second to get back to the line or referees position.

I resent your "older gentleman" reference, I'll be 58 tomorrow.  But that was a big gripe today for me, that ref sure was calling a lot of stalemates.  In Moran's match, I agree, there were a lot of stalemates but many of those others were just stalling and alot of the times, our guy on top wasn't doing much more than the bottom guy.

And back to Thug's point, yep, homers are going to yell stalling.  I always tell new wrestling fans, all you have to know is if your guy is on bottom, yell "what's he doing on top" and if your guy is on top, yell "what's he doing on bottom".  Yes there was lots of yelling for stalling but look how much was called, it was bad.  Not saying it should've been called as much as we were screaming for but there was lots of stalling going on.

I did seem Imar yelling at the ref at one point saying he wasn't calling it the same, he may have had a point.

bigoil

Quote from: imwi on February 10, 2019, 08:24:56 PM
Quote from: bigoil on February 10, 2019, 08:06:48 PM

I resent your "older gentleman" reference, I'll be 58 tomorrow.  But that was a big gripe today for me, that ref sure was calling a lot of stalemates.  In Moran's match, I agree, there were a lot of stalemates but many of those others were just stalling and alot of the times, our guy on top wasn't doing much more than the bottom guy.

And back to Thug's point, yep, homers are going to yell stalling.  I always tell new wrestling fans, all you have to know is if your guy is on bottom, yell "what's he doing on top" and if your guy is on top, yell "what's he doing on bottom".  Yes there was lots of yelling for stalling but look how much was called, it was bad.  Not saying it should've been called as much as we were screaming for but there was lots of stalling going on.

I was talking about Tom lol

leg turk

excellent win Badgers!  All those monkey roles pay off big time.

Question....  who is the assistant coach or whatever for us in the background on the bench?  He was chirping at IMar to sit down when IMar was complaining to the ref.  I was thinking he might want to be careful about picking a fight with IMar.  ;)

bigoil

Quote from: leg turk on February 11, 2019, 06:58:10 AM
excellent win Badgers!  All those monkey roles pay off big time.

Question....  who is the assistant coach or whatever for us in the background on the bench?  He was chirping at IMar to sit down when IMar was complaining to the ref.  I was thinking he might want to be careful about picking a fight with IMar.  ;)
Maybe Sean or the SID? IMar gave the alligator clap during Wicks match. He was absolutely beside himself on why the crowd was getting on his guys for not getting to the line timely.

The. Telling his guys don't listen to the crowd you are fine during Models match as we were screaming he's gassed. He was actually pretty interactive. Guessing next week the coach may not be as nice.