Conference tournament

Started by Gizmo6, January 28, 2019, 05:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizmo6

Here's my conference finals matchups and predictions.
106- Potrykus over Klemm
113- Greening over Klemm/Helser winner
120- Groskreutz over Niewiadomski/Flannery winner
126- Fischer over Sokolski
132- Kempf over Applebee
138- Merrit over Griffen
145- Marker over Urquardt
152- Kicherer over Haas/Volkman winner
160- Reif over Strehlow/Wilke winner
170- Grimm over Landowkski
182- Banker over Wetzel
195- Giese over Wayka/Hess winner (if all 3 are at this weight)
220- Bartel over Lockhart
Hwt- Farkas over Uttech

Team:
1. WF
2. Bon
3. Shi

Willie

For starters 113 Klemm will be on the same side as Greening as he lost to both Helser and Lagunes. And at 120 Flannery and Niewiadomski will be on opposite sides with Bo being the #1 seed. Groskruetz should get like a 5 seed seeing that he hasn't wrestled any of the top four guys in the conference (Bo, Flannery, Toellner, Damman) and they all deserve higher seeds. Also I would think Giese stays up at 220, I don't think Bonduel has anyone else to wrestle that weight for them.

So...

106 Klemm over Potrykus
113 Greening over Helser
120 Flannery over Niewadomski honestly this could go either way maybe another Overtime match
126 Fischer over Sokolski
132 Kempf over Applebee wouldn't be surprised if it's Jahnke
138 Merrit over Griffin
145 Urquart over Marker
152 Kicherer over Volkman
160 Reif over Groshek
170 Grimm over Landowski
182 Banker over Rieck
195 Hess over Wayka
220 Giese over Elmhorst
285 Uttecht over Farkas

padre

Good picks by both.

If Groskreutz has some stamina I could definitely see him in the finals and maybe winning it but will really have to battle.

Some real toss-ups in about half of the finals.

Gizmo6

Willie, Groskruetz can be the 5 seed, that just means the 1 & 4 seeds get bad draws. He is a state qualifier and a conference champion,  something nobody else in the weight class can say. Also, he is undefeated against Flannery, I guess we'll see. I find it funny that the same guy saying he should "get like a 5 seed" is the same guy who picked shiocton to beat wega, and it was not even close.

padre

Quote from: Gizmo6 on January 29, 2019, 06:49:29 AM
Willie, Groskruetz can be the 5 seed, that just means the 1 & 4 seeds get bad draws. He is a state qualifier and a conference champion,  something nobody else in the weight class can say. Also, he is undefeated against Flannery, I guess we'll see. I find it funny that the same guy saying he should "get like a 5 seed" is the same guy who picked shiocton to beat wega, and it was not even close.

I would think he gets the #1 seed.  Can't really decline only on injury. 

wrastle63

Quote from: padre on January 29, 2019, 08:09:44 AM

So a guy who is 6-1 and a state qualifier doesn't get the 1 over Flannery? Flannery 22-6 just lost to a 11-18 kid.

padre

Quote from: wrastle63 on January 29, 2019, 08:33:28 AM
Quote from: padre on January 29, 2019, 08:09:44 AM

So a guy who is 6-1 and a state qualifier doesn't get the 1 over Flannery? Flannery 22-6 just lost to a 11-18 kid.

I'm saying he would get the number 1 seed.

wrastle63

Yea I am questioning Willie saying he gets a 5.

padre

Quote from: wrastle63 on January 29, 2019, 08:48:33 AM
Yea I am questioning Willie saying he gets a 5.

That would be bad for 4 and 1.  Flannery and Bo should be on the opposite side of him to get the best finals.

Wrestlologist

How many frigid days until we can sit in a hot gym and settle things on the mat?  I am really looking forward to this year's conference tournament.  Hope all the conference teams' wrestlers find a spot on varsity so we don't get too many Byes.  Tough tournament.  Winning this tournament often means success at Regionals and Sectionals -- and a good step toward wearing a singlet at State instead of street clothes.
Always do what is right ... God doesn't grade on a curve.

Willie

Gizmo6 if we are using past years matches then Toellner is undefeated against Groskreutz and Flannery is undefeated against Toellner. I'm not saying Flannery gets 1 seed, that's Bos he earned it this year. If Groskreutz gets one then I'm changing my pick to Flannery over Toellner and the Bo over Groskreutz for third.

Gizmo6

Everyone can have their opinion, my opinion is much different than yours. Also groskruetz wrestled toellner up a weight class from his normal weight, we will see. My prediction remains the same  ;D
Quote from: Willie
link=topic=53853.msg638124#msg638124 date=1548781472

Gizmo6 if we are using past years matches then Toellner is undefeated against Groskreutz and Flannery is undefeated against Toellner. I'm not saying Flannery gets 1 seed, that's Bos he earned it this year. If Groskreutz gets one then I'm changing my pick to Flannery over Toellner and the Bo over Groskreutz for third.

Willie

In all honesty they all have to wrestle the matches. It's just been a quiet year on here so far so a good clean disagreement is fun heading into the tournament. Good luck to all this week hopefully the teams can get some practices in.

PH

120 is a pretty deep bracket, and will be fun to watch.  Just imagine if Moegenburg wasn't injured.

HULK

Niadomski is an absolute hammer on top. Curious to see Groskruetzs conditioning and if he can handle Niadomski riding him.