End of January / Postseason

Started by CLC FAN, January 22, 2019, 09:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLC FAN

I hope there starts to be a little more chatter as things get rolling into the postseason here.  Let's start with:  when's the last time two CLC or Big East Schools met as Top-10 ranked teams in the same division?  #10 Cedar Grove-Belgium travels to #8 Random Lake on Thursday.  7:00 start time.  If it's even possible, I think the dual will be closer than the already-close rankings imply.  Lots of interesting matchups.  And of course, a lot comes down to who is healthy.  Thoughts?

Garrett

I think everyone involved has been waiting for this match all year.  CGB is healthy as of today, to my knowledge.  I can't speak for RL.  I too believe it will be very, very close.  It will be interesting to see how much the two coaches move guys around in their lineups vs. going straight up.  As a fan/parent and not as a coach, I have no idea if these matches will take place but would love to see Erickson vs Weiss at 120 or 126; Hoopman vs Hammen at 132; A. Vandenbush vs TeStroete at 160; G. Vandenbush vs either S. DeRuyter or Anzia at 170 or 182.  Those are great matchups between ranked guys that would be fun to watch IMO.  I expect both teams and fan bases to be stoked for this match.  Now, we just need to wait and see how it all plays out!

Bandit

Any update on reedsville elkhart lake dual last night?

Nutsnbolts

Interesting dual as all but 2 weight classes decided by a fall.  Only close match was the last mach of the night at 220. Looks like kasper is a little banged up from the weekend as that lead reedsville to forfeit 138 which could have very well changed the outcome of the dual.  However looks like rebedew also wasn't available for elkhart.
285 Travis Sippel (Elk Lake-G/HG) won by forfeit
106 Blake Delsman (Reedsville) over Karissa Entringer (Elk Lake-G/HG) (Fall 1:40)
113 Kyle Schmalz (Reedsville) won by forfeit
120 Caleb Delsman (Reedsville) over Kyle Jens (Elk Lake-G/HG) (Fall 1:33)
126 Double Forfeit
132 Raistlin Lopez Lloyd (Elk Lake-G/HG) over Jackson Stetson (Reedsville) (Fall 1:27)
138 Patrick Ward (Elk Lake-G/HG) won by forfeit
145 Cody Nelson (Elk Lake-G/HG) over Matthew Skore (Reedsville) (Fall 4:45)
152 Cole Entringer (Elk Lake-G/HG) over Erin Braun (Reedsville) (Fall 5:02)
160 Brandon Stelzer (Reedsville) over Yuki Sesoko (Elk Lake-G/HG) (Fall 1:10)
170 Yoshi Sesoko (Elk Lake-G/HG) won by forfeit
182 Carson Schanilec (Reedsville) over Ben Meiselwitz (Elk Lake-G/HG) (MD 11-3)
195 Finn Shields (Elk Lake-G/HG) over Shaun Thomas (Reedsville) (Fall 3:44)
220 Cole Ebert (Reedsville) over Matthew Schorer (Elk Lake-G/HG) (Dec 8-3)

Gutwrench

I see that Random Lake beat Cedar Grove from the Random Lake facebook page.  Could someone list the weight by weight match results?  Thanks

Fabulous Falcons

Quote from: Gutwrench on January 25, 2019, 09:19:57 AM
I see that Random Lake beat Cedar Grove from the Random Lake facebook page.  Could someone list the weight by weight match results?  Thanks

113  Ethan Sanfelippo RL won forfeit
120  Tanner Birenbaum RL won Jackson Deruyter (DEC 7-5)
126  Cael Erickson CG won Parker Scholler (Fall 0:38)
132  Quinn Hoopman CG won Dylan Weiss (Dec 7-2)
138  Tristan Hammen RL won Jonah Morales (Fall 5:12)
145  Tyler Kowalkowski CG won Hayden Scholler (Tech Fall)
152  Joey Brock RL won Dylan Teunissen (MD 16-7)
160  Josh TeStroete CG won Aiden Vandenbush (Dec 5-4)
170  Sawyer Deruyter CG won Sam Schwabe (Fall 4:39)
182  Grayson Vandenbush RL Aaron Duenk (Fall 6:00)
195  Ben Anzia CG won Brock Upson (Dec 6-4)
220 Markus Ramirez CG won Jordan Arendt (Dec 5-1)
285 Charlie Ruege RL won over Brett Feind (UTB 4-3)
106 Mark Szombathelyi RL won Logan Filtz (Fall 1:29)

Final Score RL 34 CG 29
Howard Ruff: "It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

Fabulous Falcons

Cedar Grove and Random Lake. . .what an awesome dual meet between two schools that are 8 miles apart. . .great effort on the part of all the wrestlers and coaches. The crowd certainly got its $4.00 worth! :)
Howard Ruff: "It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

Gutwrench

Thanks for posting Fab.  Interesting to see the moving of wrestlers to different weights.  Definitely had some "Big on Big" type matches.

I was at a meet between Baraboo and Sauk earlier this year that came down to the last match to decide the outcome, similar to the RL/CG match.  Both crowds were really into it.  I took my boys to it and they both commented about how loud and crazy the fans were.  Gotta love wrestling!!

bigoil

UTB in the second to last match, wow.