2019 NFL Draft Packers etc...

Started by TomM, January 20, 2019, 05:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

With the Saints loss in the NFC Championship game vs. Rams, the Packers now own the No. 30 pick in the 2019 NFL Draft in addition to their original selection at No. 12.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Ghetto

They are usually around that spot. There are so many areas of need that can be addressed in round 1 in that 30 spot: RT,TE,ILB,G.

Back on top next year.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

ramjet

No lineman round one.

Need to draft play makers difference makers round one.

Lineman can be had later rounds. Important yes but they can be had and developed later rounds.

TomM

Quote from: ramjet on March 04, 2019, 10:56:58 AM
No lineman round one.
Lineman can be had later rounds. Important yes but they can be had and developed later rounds.

Never said by a quarterback EVER! hahahaha  8)
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Ghetto

Rumors are that Jachai Polite is falling out of the first round because of character concerns. I'd love to see the Packers pick him up at 30. He's a (IMO) high ceiling edge rusher. I say take the chance and nah him. If he doesn't pan out at 30, there are still two guys who are first rounders this year.

ramjet

Baring injuries the Packers line was formidable too bad we had allot injuries, now certainly AR makes them better but just saying we have never really made commitment to the running game. If we had some real play makers at the defensive line and or WR we can make huge leaps in the division.

Cleveland had the best OL and JT never made that big of difference for all sorts of reasons. But let's not waste a 1st rnd pick on one unless that pick is the best athlete available then.

littleguy301

Quote from: ramjet on March 04, 2019, 05:12:31 PM
Baring injuries the Packers line was formidable too bad we had allot injuries, now certainly AR makes them better but just saying we have never really made commitment to the running game. If we had some real play makers at the defensive line and or WR we can make huge leaps in the division.

Cleveland had the best OL and JT never made that big of difference for all sorts of reasons. But let's not waste a 1st rnd pick on one unless that pick is the best athlete available then.

never made a big difference?

ram, now teams adjusted there entire defense to NOT attack JT. sure JT took on the edge guy from the blind side but did you ever notice that teams would line there tackles down from JT. if there was a run they usually made sure there were linebackers to fill that gap but please having a tackle like JT was so important to any offense and how the defense played them. to bad the browns never had the weapons to use while JT was in the line up.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

I for one wouldnt mind going out and getting a WR, TE or another offensive weapon with a first rounder. that I do agree with, not enough playmakers.

I think our D line has a very nice rotation and if we add a edge rusher I think that makes that rotation of a dline that much better. I think a FA pick up would be an excellent choice here.

I dont want to reach for an edge guy but I am getting to like this ILB from LSU also. having a hammer in the middle would be nice.

one of those TE from Iowa would be a bad pick at 30 either. I think one of them will be gone but using a 2 TE set could work wonders for AR.

ramjet

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 05, 2019, 01:21:29 PM
Quote from: ramjet on March 04, 2019, 05:12:31 PM

never made a big difference?

ram, now teams adjusted there entire defense to NOT attack JT. sure JT took on the edge guy from the blind side but did you ever notice that teams would line there tackles down from JT. if there was a run they usually made sure there were linebackers to fill that gap but please having a tackle like JT was so important to any offense and how the defense played them. to bad the browns never had the weapons to use while JT was in the line up.

Let me clarify "big picture" it did not bring the Browns success JT is a great lineman. Yes game plan around him. But would Pack benefit from a 1st round lineman pick? They more glaring needs. I should have been more specific sorry about that.

Houndhead

I think we need to wait and see what Gutenkist does in FA before we decide who to draft. I could see the pick being any position other than QB or RB.

ramjet

Quote from: Houndhead on March 07, 2019, 07:14:17 AM
I think we need to wait and see what Gutenkist does in FA before we decide who to draft. I could see the pick being any position other than QB or RB.

True some darn good defensive guys out there in FA.

littleguy301

I agree, lets see what the FA brings in!

also I have read the packers are not above drafting or picking up another running back. I laughed but after thinking about it, injuries happen and in the packers case but the dozens ;)

Ghetto

Polite had a crazy bad combine. Also said teams were bashing him, and said he basically never watched tape on himself. I'm out on that clown. Just the stupidity of coming in to the biggest interview of his life out of shape makes me question what he'll do as a pro.

Houndhead

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 07, 2019, 12:39:11 PM

I agree, lets see what the FA brings in!

also I have read the packers are not above drafting or picking up another running back. I laughed but after thinking about it, injuries happen and in the packers case but the dozens ;)

I think they will pick a RB, but not in the first round.

ramjet

A running back would surprise me in the early rounds maybe a late round. If we do I hope he is a pass catching RB.

The FA  last year did not pan out very well so this year may be very interesting.

We really need a good tight end.

We really need some depth at LB and some run stuffers on the D line.

Speaking of WR is nooner satified we have enough talent at WR?