Previous topic - Next topic

stbird

Who did Wick wrestle?

leg turk

Numbers

Takedowns

Penn state 39
Badgers 8

Still need to get better on the feet if the program wants to be dominate.

CLC FAN

Quote from: Numbers on January 13, 2019, 06:37:28 PM

Dominant.  It's the adjective one.  Dominate is a thing someone does.  Dominant is a thing someone is.

File mine under the "One useless post deserves another" category.  Of course we lost the TD battle by a huge margin... it's freaking Penn State.  Did anyone expect different?

jchap

Quote from: CLC FAN on January 13, 2019, 07:13:54 PM

Dominant.  It's the adjective one.  Dominate is a thing someone does.  Dominant is a thing someone is.

File mine under the "One useless post deserves another" category.  Of course we lost the TD battle by a huge margin... it's freaking Penn State.  Did anyone expect different?
You obviously meant:  Did anyone expect differently?

Numbers

Flo has video of the Sanderson post match press conference.

littleguy301

Talked to a friend on mine that is working out there and went to the match. He said it was a fun meet and nice place. Though he said it was quite during most of the dual but the Penn state crowd was very supportive of how the badger competed.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

mkm13

Takedowns

Penn state 39
Badgers 8

That looks bad, but a lot better than most, especially when you consider we did not give up a pin, which is pretty impressive against a team like that.  They have 9 guys that are elite on their feet.

But I agree going forward, that is where we will really need to improve to be a top 5 program.

Oldtimer

These two guys are excellent wrestlers but I'd like to see more urgency to score from Evan Wick and Thor.  I was confused at the decision to start neutral by Thor vs Rutgers when every point was needed to get a major for the dual meet.  Evan seems content to dominate on the mat by riding and waiting for stall calls vs finding other ways to build points against lesser wrestlers.

I'm not their coach though so just a comment and observational opinion.
Beware of the northern sleeper

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Takedowns

Penn state 39
Badgers 8

Penn State's 3 National Champs did account for around 23 of those .... still a disparity in their favor though ..

As Luke mentioned, it would nice to see the breakdown of the matches... I don't think trackwrestling or anyone else keeps track of stats for indiviudal dual meet matches however...
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Numbers

Quote from: Luke Louison on January 14, 2019, 08:09:17 AM
Is there a place to go where the data of each match might be logged. That is, on Track Wrestling, you can click on a high school tournament bout and see how the scoring went. Does that place exist for college duals?

Luke,

Go to trackwrestling - browse - seasons- 2018/19 College Men - NCAA  to give you the listing of events
Select event and click print score sheet

TomM

Have you tried this? Click on 'Print Score Sheet' at top of dual result on results site.

Quote from: Luke Louison on January 14, 2019, 11:03:17 AM
We crushed them in escapes! 38-7!!! Dominant!

Here's the link that got me. Thanks Numbers:

http://www.trackwrestling.com/seasons/DualMatches.jsp?TIM=1547485269029&twSessionId=exacwhhczf&dualId=2142592132

Still wish I could get a match-by-match breakdown, but it doesn't seem they have that available.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bkraus

Quote from: TomM on January 13, 2019, 02:09:06 PM
Quote from: bkraus on January 13, 2019, 02:06:17 PM
I think this was a great showing by UW today.  Proud of the boys and how they wrestled.  No other team has scored this much on PSU this year.  Great job guys!
UW won four of ten matches, correct?

Yes, you are correct.  125, 141, 149, 165.
Strive for Perfection

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: Numbers on January 14, 2019, 10:55:19 AM
Quote from: Luke Louison on January 14, 2019, 08:09:17 AM
Is there a place to go where the data of each match might be logged. That is, on Track Wrestling, you can click on a high school tournament bout and see how the scoring went. Does that place exist for college duals?

Luke,

Go to trackwrestling - browse - seasons- 2018/19 College Men - NCAA  to give you the listing of events
Select event and click print score sheet

Great information Numbers!
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Ghetto

Cael Sanderson talked pretty highly of Bono and the guys wrestling hard. Said he takes great pride in their conditioning and between the lines he seemed to say that Wisconsin was better conditioned. Mentioned multiple times that he did not have them ready for this dual.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove