Youth Tournaments and Team Trophies- use trackwrestling

Started by DocWrestling, January 07, 2019, 11:45:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocWrestling

Can we change the procedures for team trophies at youth tournaments that use trackwrestling and enter results during tournament?

Rather than making teams fill out a form to turn in prior to tournament and forcing coach to pick 10 certain wrestlers, and then fill one out with all the results to turn in at the end....

Can't we just use trackwrestling?  All the tournament director has to do is go to team scores and select "score 10 best wrestlers" and then trackwrestling will calculate team scores.

1) It requires nothing from coaches other than paying team entry
2) It does not make coaches have to decide which 10 wrestlers to pick so it includes the entire team at all times
3) After last match it is calculated immediately

I am assuming tournament directors do not realize this is an option
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

Nailbender

That is a great idea! I had no idea it could be that easy.....it would encourage the parents and wrestlers as well, as they could see real time where the team is at during the day. I think that would be a great tool for promoting the team part of our sport.

I love it.

DocWrestling

The program allows the tournament director to decide on how many they want to score and the computer automatically picks the the top scorers at that time.

Some smaller tournaments might want to choose 8 on each team to count and others with larger teams could even select to 12 or top 15 scorers
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

Nailbender

Are any tournaments that do utilize track currently using this option? Seems like a no brainer to me. It would eliminate potential human error from the coaches as well. I know how it goes at the end of the day when you're trying to tally the team scores; parents are wanting to get on the road, asking you if there is any chance the team will win an award, kids can't find there headgear, etc......waiting, waiting.

Let's use the technology if it's readily available.