The packers can't pick enough O linemen in this years draft !

Started by maggie, December 18, 2018, 03:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

if that's all they went after, I would be happy with it!      :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

littleguy301

you can never have enough lineman either offensive or defensive!

though I think we need a FS at this point, tramon williams legs might be a tad stiff at this point of his career.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Houndhead

I think Tramon has actually played pretty well considering he made the switch to safety on the fly.

bigG

Yeah, I thought that would go horribly wrong. Probably the best place for him, now.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Ghetto

I think Williams hold the spot until Josh Jackson is ready to take the role. That may be an entire year, or somewhere through the middle of next season. If King can stay on the field, he's a perfect compliment to Alexander.

They need an edge rusher. Bad. I agree that the offensive line isn't great, but I think the amount of sacks is also on Rodgers for constantly trying to hit the home run rather than just taking what is there. If there is a tackle that is ready to play now, I say they jump at it and move him to RT. Bulaga has to retire, right? His body is failing him as a football player.

I'd also like to see them grab a LB. Is Burks just a complete bust? How can he not get on the field?
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

littleguy301

Quote from: bigG on December 20, 2018, 09:44:21 AM
Yeah, I thought that would go horribly wrong. Probably the best place for him, now.

Not saying he isn't bad.. just getting to the point of age and alot of ground to cover.

Josh Jackson, I am cool with that.

Now on to drafting linemen ;D

ramjet

Edge rusher we have to put pressure on the opposing QB right now they have all day to throw the ball. That's asking allot from the secondary. Who was leading tackler for the GB Packers?

A pass catching tight end because the end this year was a disaster. We need a really big time reciever to compliment Adams.

Lineman through FA and late draft choices is ok but get the recievers to understand coverages and how to get open the time Rodgers has to hold the ball is reduced greatly. Play action has to define our offensive attack. When we have run the ball defensives stack the box and stuff us because one on one they cover our recievers.

I agree an edge rusher is key and it has to be a top 5 guy worth the money.  We are 50 million under the cap go get some talent.

This is it next year if they do not turn this around then just trade Rodgers while you can get something for him build through the draft and start at square one. Yup I said it..... :o

ChargerDad

It's been 13 years since we drafted more than 2 O Lineman.. and we had 12 picks that year (2006).. It's also been 8 years since we picked an O Lineman in the first round..   Offensive line has been ignored for far too long..  Problem is, we have a lot of needs..  also going to need some LB's, an edge rusher..  going to have to use free agency to address some of those needs..

littleguy301

while I think we should draft OL and DL I understand that an edge rusher is probably something that should be really looked at. Heck another WR also.

I do think a couple of OL should be tapped in the draft or FA. one in the first 3 rounds and another late or maybe FA right after the draft.

heck I think another DL drafted in the first 4 maybe needed. I liked the rotation that the packers used but having another stud DL keeps guys like Daniels and clark fresh!