Could your Club use a share of $10,000?

Started by scoots12000, December 11, 2018, 09:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoots12000

Good Morning Fellow Mat Heads -
  Quick Introduction. My name is Jim Scott and I've been the long time President of Waunakee Wrestling, and now have the pleasure of serving with some other fine folks on the RTC Board of Directors. I am also a founding member of Thor's Army (which I encourage all of you to join!).
  Yesterday my thoughts were wandering as they often do, and I thought of how we could make this inaugural $10,000 raffle a success for all of Wisconsin.
  Most, if not all of us have a "club" that is near and dear to our hearts.  It is where some of us cut our teeth as coaches, watched our kids come up through the sport, and its where we still sit on a Saturday/Sunday Mornings helping with a Tournament if called upon.
  What if your club had a 1 in 250 chance at winning $10,000?  What kind of direct impact could that have on your program?  New mats, new workout gear, safety improvements for the room, the list goes on and on....
My thoughts were this -
  If your "club" were to purchase a raffle ticket for $250.00, you could raffle off the actual ticket for entrance to the event (ticket admits 2 - all you can eat/drink) on Feb 16th and it wouldn't cost your club a dime.  Then that person(s) if lucky enough to be in the final drawing would have the understanding that a portion (tbd by the issuing club) would go back to the club that issued the ticket.  I think its a win for all parties involved.  The RTC is raising much needed monies to bring and keep athletes here, the current coaching staff is getting to know more people and foster new relationships that will be long term and fruitful, and your "club" has the chance to get some needed monies.
  The great thing about this is that everybody is winning.  Win or lose you have a chance to get up close and personal with the New Coaching Staff, network with other clubs/fans of the sport to see what is or is not working across the state, and we all get to see this sport continue to grow.

If you would like to purchase a ticket from me please call my cell (608) 333-9700 or drop me an email at waunakeelawnlandscape@gmail.com.  I look forward to meeting all of you at the duals, I look forward to any input that you may have to make this event better, and for those that will be joining us on the 16th please feel free to introduce yourself.  Im the bald guy in shorts!!! Not to hard to miss.

Good luck with all your teams this season, and I wish all of your sons and daughters nothing but success!!

#jumparound
#thorsarmy

Jim Scott