Welcome to Madison Beau

Started by 1Iota, November 27, 2018, 06:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

So far this year

Paul Konrath transferred from Wisconsin to Indiana this summer and is wrestling this fall
Joey Gunther transferred from Iowa to Illinois this summer and is wrestling this fall

One main example from last year

Nick Suriano transferred from Penn State to Rutgers in the summer and wrestled the whole season

For mid-season transfers in the Big Ten, I don't think they have been able to wrestle right away in the past. It seems like the rules have been loosened up considerably though. Other conferences have allowed transfers to compete in the 2nd semester. I think the key point is the wrestler cannot compete attached for two schools in one season.
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

FoldEmUp

My uneducated guess is Mason to 197 and Beau to 184?

wrastle63

Musky Hunter

head57

Maybe I'm failing at reading between the lines, but...

Is Beau able to join the lineup this year or not?
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

whatever

Things may have changed with regards to NCAArules but they used to have a 24 credit/last 2 semesters rule.....meaning you have to pass 24 credits in your last 2 semesters to be eligible.  Not sure if that rule is still in effect but if Beau withdrew in the middle of a semester and didn't get any credits, he would need to pass 24 credits before next Fall to be eligible for the beginning of the 2019 season.

Any one who knows more details, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
"....the older I get, the better I was....."