Welcome to Madison Beau

Started by 1Iota, November 27, 2018, 06:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1Iota

ramjet

dad 2 5

that is exciting. Does he has 2 or three years of eligibility?

wrastle63

Good get. Could fill in for Christensen next year depending on what happens with Dow/Wick and some much needed depth to the upper weights.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Ghetto

Welcome home!! Glad to see you wearing the right red!!!

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

mkm13

Good to hear! After you start your eligibility, I believe you have 5 years to complete 4.  You can get a 6th year with a medical redshirt.  He was injured his 1st year, but I believe he has to use his typical redshirt  first.  If so, I think best case scenario is he starts at semester and wrestles this year or provides depth at the upper weights.  If he was eligible, I am sure he could step in at 197 the 2nd semester and at least keep a lot of matches close, which is more than we have now.

Next year would then be his final year Corrected to say he should have two years after this year and he could compete for a starting spot with Dow at 174.  

Hope he can finish his career healthy.  In college, it seems he has been tough to score on, but has not had much offense against the better wrestlers.  I know he had good training partners in Nebraska, but hopefully Reader and Askren can work with him to better develop his offense so he can finish his career strong.

onwisconsin

Excited to see what Beau can do.  He will be motivated and I think Coach Reader and Coach Askren will be great for him. 

Harris

wrastle63

Sounds like he will be looking at a starting spot.

bigG

Back to his natural state. LOVE to see him shine.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

leg turk

Awesome news!  So when can he technically start wrestling for the Badgers, next Semester?  If so, when exactly does that start?

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Based on what I have read and heard, I am pretty sure Beau can compete for a varsity spot starting 2nd semester. I am sure the coaching staff has a plan in place.

It will be interesting to see how he fits into the team. It is great to add his awesome talent! I would presume he has to wrestle unattached until the official enrollment date in mid-January.

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

stbird

dad 2 5

SO with wrestling a transfer within the Big Ten does not have a mandatory, "sit out" period correct?