Chili

Started by ramjet, November 11, 2018, 09:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

It's that time of year where soup is king.

One of my favorite is TexMex chili made with choice cuts of beef and The thicker the better.mLenty of spice to bring it home.

A second Favorite soup is chicken noodle made from scratch.

bigG

I never get tried of making, eating chicken noodle soup. Top ten in most households.

I like the ole red chili (especially with real beef chunks in there, mmmmm).

I'm also a fan of green pork chili. https://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/chili-verde-colorado-green-chili-2108110

Maybe because I make chile sauces all of the time; but this is great. Just make sure to serve it with tortillas, or something to balance the heat. :)
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

Oh boy the green chili looks fantastic.

here is favorite of mine White Chicken Chili I sub Rotell tomatoes for the chili beans it's fantastic.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/creamy-white-chili/?_mid=2596248&_rid=2596248.1090028.53636&pmcode=SLD91VH239

bigG

All these years, my mom has made the red stuff, over and over. Last time i visited she'd made white chicken chili. Great meal!!! Might not be able to teach an old dog new tricks; but older women keep a learnin'.

ramjet

Quote from: bigG on November 15, 2018, 11:54:29 AM
All these years, my mom has made the red stuff, over and over. Last time i visited she'd made white chicken chili. Great meal!!! Might not be able to teach an old dog new tricks; but older women keep a learnin'.

My grandma and mother both could really cook and taught me allot. Sure miss the meals they would make for family get togethers.

bigG

I'll hand it to my mom, she never let me be just a nuclear guy growing up. She knew I especially liked butchery/choppery and perfectly sharpened knifes, so she frequently asked my help in the kitchen, which made for great memories and bonding times. Anytime she visits me, or I visit her, we spend time shopping, or foraging, for great ingredients and make great meals together. I think of all the time I spent with my dad: working as his grunt, hunting/fishing/home imp. projects. Glad I got time to know mom, too. Taught me how to make my first batch of chili, before a Badger game. I still whack up meat and veggies as I did when I was 8.

For me, the use of beef sirloin, or even round, chunks over ground beef makes a big difference.

I should say, with that pork green chili, I made it a few times with mild bell peppers (or those little mild ones in the bag) instead of the usual hatches. Wanna get some heat-wimp gringos into it? There ya go.

ramjet

Agree completely on those cuts of meat.

Best cuts make the best food.