CWC Projections

Started by padre, November 08, 2018, 11:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

padre

A little insight to this year.  Last year in many ways was a record year for the conference as they did outstanding at state. This year there is not a huge drop-off and the conference should once again represent themselves well.

Here are my predictions for conference......

1.  Wega-Fremont

12 returners

They may be one of the top 5 teams in the state overall....maybe better.  It's unfortunate that they have to be in the same sectional as Coleman, who have one of their best teams ever and Stratford.  Most likely if they stay healthy they will run away with the title as they return 9 seniors along with 1 junior and 2 sophomores.

Top Returners- Greening, Groskreutz, Fischer, Kempf, Kicherer, Wenzel, Bartel

2.  Wittenberg-Birnamwood

9 Returners

The Chargers have only one senior this year and the future looks good, however nowhere near the firepower to try to win the conference.  Trying to win the conference will have to wait at least one more year.

Top Returners- Moegenburg, Landowski, Uttecht
Top Freshman- Pierson Potrykus

3.  Shiocton

9 Returners

The Chiefs lost many of their top wrestlers that dominated in the conference the last few years.  They still have a nice core coming back and should compete for that runner-up spot.

Top Returners- Helser, Flannery, Reif, Hess

4.  Bonduel

8 Returners

The Bears have a real nice sophomore class that will try to put a charge in at the end along with state place winner Giese to contend for that second place spot.

Top Returners- Giese, Banker, , Sokolski

5.  Pittsville

7 Returners

Pittsville will have to fill some holes to try to keep up with their previous team efforts.

Top Returners- Grim, Merritt

6.  Manawa

8 Returners

The Wolves have a pretty nice core with some excellent sophomore wrestlers and may try to get into the top 5 this year if they can space themselves out and overcome injury.  

Top Returners-Griffin, Klemm twins
Top freshman-Gavin Linjer

7.  Rosholt

7 Returning

The Hornets return some good individuals but will need to fill some classes to be able to compete with the top half.

Top Returners- Niewadomski, Charnecke, Groshek
Top Freshman-Blade Niewadomski

8.  Amherst

5 Returning

Nice year last year for the Falcons having two wrestlers in the state finals.  Bad news....they are gone.  By fat tests it looks like they will fill some classes and along with some great coaches could look to try to move up my ranking.

9.  Menomineee

6 Returning

Coach Bahr has always done a great job filling weights over the years and will again try to move up higher than anticipated.

Top Returners-Wayka

10.  Almond-Bancroft/Pacelli

5 Returners

Key will be trying to fill weight classes.

Top Freshman-Drew Kedrowicz

11.  Tri-County

4 Returners

Much like most years the Penguins will look to try to fill weight classes to compete.

Top Returners- Applebee

BayWrestler07

Nice job on the preview Padre, I agree with your picks for the most part but think Bonduel will finish 3rd and Shiocton 4th

padre

Quote from: BayWrestler07 on November 12, 2018, 02:10:03 PM
Nice job on the preview Padre, I agree with your picks for the most part but think Bonduel will finish 3rd and Shiocton 4th

Highly possible.

Willie

Shiocton might surprise the conference again this year. No one thought they would beat wega or bonduel or even pittsville last year. Their coaches have a way of getting the matchups they need and their kids come ready to wrestle. Granted they graduated 4 conference finalists from last years team but they should be full and get back a kid from injury that will make noise come February. Also a key returner in Jahnke (2nd in conference behind Boldt)

OddDuck

Quote from: Willie on November 13, 2018, 05:35:41 PM
Shiocton might surprise the conference again this year. No one thought they would beat wega or bonduel or even pittsville last year. Their coaches have a way of getting the matchups they need and their kids come ready to wrestle. Granted they graduated 4 conference finalists from last years team but they should be full and get back a kid from injury that will make noise come February. Also a key returner in Jahnke (2nd in conference behind Boldt)

Who didnt think they could beat Wega?? They had Van Straten and other very good seniors and they were definitely one of the favorites to win the conference.

Shiocton will be tough this year no doubt, but I don't know  who they have filling the holes. will look forward to it.

OddDuck

I agree they are definitely in the mix for the #2 spot and will give Wega a nice fight. I don't want to dampen Shiocton's enthusiasm so I wish them the best. For all I know they may have enough power to take down WF again.

bolognapony

Seems to have died down a little on here, big weekend coming up, does anyone have different predictions than they did in November?

bolognapony

For The Multi dual I have:
Bonduel: 5-0
Freedom JV: 4-1
Menominee3-2
Amherst: 2-3
Manawa 1-4
A-B/Pacelli 0-5

Weyauwega: 5-0
Shiocton:4-1
W-B: 3-2
Pittsville: 2-3
Rosholt: 1-4
T-C: 0-5

HULK

I am more curious to see how individuals shake out at conference. A lot of depth across the board this year! Anyone have any projections?

Willie

Quote from: bolognapony on January 14, 2019, 12:07:13 PM
Seems to have died down a little on here, big weekend coming up, does anyone have different predictions than they did in November?

My predictions stay the same.

Chuck

Bonduel 5-0
Manawa 4-1
Amherst 3-2
Menominee 1-3
Freedom jv 1-3