Author Topic: Fat test weight  (Read 688 times)

Offline Wrstlr

• Speak to Me
Fat test weight
« on: November 06, 2018, 01:58:27 PM »
So I looked as past posts and saw a bunch of thoughts on the issue but didn't seem to find any for sure answers.  Maybe there might be some that have been in the same boat.  We have a wrestler that is hoping to wrestle at 106 at some point during the year.  He is planning on weighing in for fat test at 106 or lower.  If he comes to fat test weigh in at 106 or slightly below with less than 7% body fat, can he be told that he can not wrestle at 106?  (because at 7% he would be above 106)  Or because he weighs less than 106 at this point, is that locked in as his lowest weight that he can go for the year?

Offline bigoil

• Comfortably Numb
Re: Fat test weight
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 03:47:18 PM »
If he weighs in under 106 and is hydrated, he can wrestle 106 regardless what body fat % he is at. If he weighs in at 108 and is hydrated and at 7% body fat, he can have parental permission to go to 106.

Once he is certified, he doesn't actually have to ever wrestle 106 if he waits for the growth allowances.

Offline Wrstlr

• Speak to Me
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 04:10:52 PM »
OK...That's what I thought, but I didn't want to encourage (or be OK with) the weight loss to get to a certain point only to find out that he can't be at that weight anyway due to other rules or regulations that we weren't aware of.

Thanks

Wisconsin Wrestling Online

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 04:10:52 PM »