Kids State Dual Tournament

Started by tyben, October 23, 2018, 12:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyben

Does anyone know if any decisions about this tournament for this season?  I heard it was going to be a topic of discussion at the Annual Meeting but I wasn't able to attend.

Coach V

Community only. No club tournament.
You dont wrestle,your a wrestler

tyben

Same weight classes?  Any restrictions about kids being from the same school district on a team?

Coach V

As of now yes for weights. If it's your community(school) team they should ALL be from or attending your district.

tyben

That would be great if they change it to that this year.  Was that discussed?

wrastle63

Are they going with just 8 teams again? Or are they moving to a bigger bracket if there are no more club teams?

tyben

I really wish they would just set this up like Minnesota does and have a set of rules.  When you start like they did last year with teams consisting of kids from different school districts it takes away from the reason to run this type of an event.  You can't have some teams show up with all kids from their middle school and others using their club that draws from a 60 mile radius.  It wasn't just our team that was annoyed with this last year, I talked with 3 other coaches that thought this should have been addressed right away. 

Minnesota runs a great event with qualifiers, we probably aren't ready for that but we should at least use some of their rules as guidelines.

"If you have a question regarding wrestler eligibility on a team, before reading these rules, an easy way to determine whether he/she is eligible, is to ask yourself this question: If your youth wrestler was in high school right now (and in the same school district he/she attends right now), what team would he/she be allowed to compete on under Minnesota State High School League rules?  This is the case regardless if that high school team has a youth program or not.  If any wrestler on the roster does not qualify, that team will be disqualified that year and the year following the infraction." 

Coach V

Details are being finalized. We are always looking to improve and use anything we can to improve and it will. If people are doing it within the rules, there is no problem. We know not everyone will like it and will have ideas. That's why we welcome them, talk about them and make decisions. I agree with improvements every year. My opinion- I do not wish to be like anyone else. I want us to be Wisconsin. I do agree with researching options and ways to help. It's a great way to get kids from different parts of the state competing against each other in a team format and just.... Wrestle :) Thanks for the opinions and questions guys!!!

madeyson

WWF ran a great dual meet state tournament last year. If the past few years are any indication, they will make improvements and it will be an even better event this year! May be hard fro some schools to field complete teams - but I think I just saw Division 3 school Wittenberg Birnamwood has 70+ kids out for youth wrestling - pretty cool to see all of the effort they have put into the program having a positive impact.

tyben

WWF Kids State Dual Tournament

Wisconsin Wrestling Federation
Kids Team State Championships
Sunday, March 3rd, 2019
Marshfield High School Fieldhouse
1401 E Becker Road Marshfield, WI 54449
Sixth Through Eighth Grade - 2 Divisions
Community Clubs – Division 1*
Community Clubs – Division 2**
*Division 1 is if Your High School is in WIAA Division 1.
**Division 2 is if Your High School is in WIAA Division 2 or 3

Community Clubs Division 1 Weight Classes
77,87,93,100,107,114,119, 125, 130,140,150,165, 187 and 250
Community Clubs Division 2 Weight Classes
77,87,95,105,113,121,130,140,150,165,187 and 250

Cost: $250.00 per team
Team Limit: 25 Wrestlers
Three Duals Guaranteed for Each Team
Awards: 1st-3rd Place Team Trophies and Individual Medals for Each Division
Teams will Seeded by Placement of each Team Member at the Previous Years WWF Kids State Championships
Schedule
9-9:30am
Weigh-ins for Community Clubs Division 1 & 2
10:00 am
Wrestling Starts for Community Clubs Division 1 & 2

All Wrestlers must have USAW Cards
All Coaches must have a USAW Membership and must have a Copper Certification or Higher
All Team Members Must Be From Your School District – No Picking Up Team Members
To register for the tournament please send an email to the WWF Tournament Director Jeff Jones jeffjones99@att.net

Please email Jeff any questions you might have

NoFear

what was the reasoning for no club division?