BLT

Started by ramjet, October 10, 2018, 12:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

BLT

My favorite;

Bacon that is oven baked with oak lump charcoal in the Big Green Egg I prefer thick cut Applewood smoked but the added smoke from doing it on the grill is fantastic.

Beefsteak Tomato sliced thinly

Lettuce I really like Butter lettuce that is ice cold.

I make a chipotle mayonnaise.

Love the multi grain bread lightly toasted.

Added to taste finely chopped fresh basil and rosemary light sprinkled on the mayo.

bigG

I bake my bacon, too. Much easier and you can't screw it up. Then, you have a nice puddle off flavor fat in the pan to pour into your favorite bacon fat vessel and use later. Mayo is a must. I've been using romaine over iceberg lately. Still, when it's muy cold and crisp, iceberg is great. I've just been doing romaine or spinach to mix things up a little (and I ran out of iceberg). I'm an oat nut bread fan for these. Just that little nut bite to it; and it's a sturdy bread. Half the time, it's weak white bread that is the junkfood in American cooking. I'm going to enjoy the tail end of tomato season while it lasts. I often take a BLT sabbatical in November and some of December because I've spoiled myself on great tomatoes and don't want to be disappointed. Then I give in. It is the perfect summer sammich, though.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Houndhead

It still amazes me when I find people that don't know about baking bacon in the oven. Been doining it for years. Easier and less mess.

ramjet

Quote from: Houndhead on October 10, 2018, 01:55:22 PM
It still amazes me when I find people that don't know about baking bacon in the oven. Been doining it for years. Easier and less mess.

Agreed on the grill its even better.