Meat Loaf Great American Comfort food

Started by ramjet, October 04, 2018, 09:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

Meat simple to make great to taste might be one of the best comfort foods ever.

Ground Sirloin
Ground Pork
bread crumbs
eggs
onions
celery
MaDuece Seasoning
Jack Daniels BBQ sauce

https://instagram.com/p/Bohhgl0FteZ/

bigG

LOVE it. I still make my mom's recipe but with BBQ sauce instead of ketchup. Pretty similar to yours. Never used MaDuece; but, other than that, pretty close.

Along with lasagna, best leftovers there are. "MOM, THE MEATLOAF SANDWICHES!!"
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

The BBQ sauce is an excellent change and much rather use that than ketchup. I also use the mixer to mix everything up the texture is really good that way.

bigG

You essentially blend it, eh? I never did that. So you mix the meat, mixed with all the other ingredients. I fine grind my stuff when I make homemade gyros; but I've never made meatloaf that fine. Have to give it a try.

ramjet

Big mixer gets everything worked together gives it great texture and no hit spots of any one ingredient

bigG

My big thing of late is using a homemade chile paste to top it and it gets nice and dark as it bakes. Just a little chile pop on the top.

Houndhead

I always put bacon on top while it bakes. All of that bacony goodness drips down through the meat.

ramjet

Quote from: Houndhead on October 09, 2018, 10:21:48 AM
I always put bacon on top while it bakes. All of that bacony goodness drips down through the meat.

Both great ideas how about combining them everything is better with bacon ;D ;D

bigG

Hard to improve much on bacon. Even the fat when it's cooked is the about the best cooking medium you can find.

A buddy and I wanted a different kind of burger one day so we ground bacon into the burger meat. Turned out good, not great. Something about slices of bacon... they're magic. Just a boring BLT is something I never get sick of; until the tomatoes go to heck and the storebought ones are just fibrous water balloons.