Rumors

Started by shakerag, July 30, 2018, 02:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

npope

Quote from: factfinder on August 03, 2018, 11:26:48 PM
Is Ritter still on the team or did Bono give Him the boot??

????
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

factfinder

Quote from: npope on August 04, 2018, 07:03:02 AM

????
There is a Rumor that Ritter was kicked off the team, I am asking if anyone knows if it's true.

mkm13

That would be unfortunate if true.  He was a talented wrestler.  Assuming this is true, I trust there was a good reason for it.

With the coaching change, I was kind of surprised there wasn't any turnover. 

There should certainly be enough scholarship money to give Moran next year.

wrastle63

Quote from: factfinder on August 04, 2018, 07:15:13 AM
Quote from: npope on August 04, 2018, 07:03:02 AM

????
There is a Rumor that Ritter was kicked off the team, I am asking if anyone knows if it's true.
Heard that as well as a few others may be leaving.

bigG

Hmm. Don't see his name there. I figured some things would change. Glad coach Bono is taking it slow; but maybe taking some stances, also. Growth don't happen without growing pains.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

wrastle63

The problem is if he is gone leaves a huge hole unless Reinhardt stays at 197.

wrastle63

Christian Pyles tweeted Hunter Ritter was given a full release.

wrestlemania

"The problem is if he is gone leaves a huge hole unless Reinhardt stays at 197.

Indeed. I hope no one is thinking B1G team title already down two starters before the season even begins.  :-[

mkm13

If UW can get Tristan Moran, they would have him and Martin for 141/149. 

With adding Brown at 125, Moran at 141/149 (hoping this happens), Hillger at HWT, and a healthy Zander at 157, I think we will still have a good chance to be better than last year. 

We will have no depth at the upper weights if there is an injury.

FoldEmUp

Quote from: mkm13 on August 06, 2018, 07:20:28 AM
If UW can get Tristan Moran, they would have him and Martin for 141/149. 

With adding Brown at 125, Moran at 141/149 (hoping this happens), Hillger at HWT, and a healthy Zander at 157, I think we will still have a good chance to be better than last year. 

We will have no depth at the upper weights if there is an injury.

There are tea leaves that can be read.  When asked in a video on trackwrestling this weekend who stood out Bono mentioned Jens Lanz at 133 and also mentioned Cole Martin...see the 2:20 mark of this video: https://goo.gl/i9kj4v

What it says to me if Jens is at 133 and they are looking at bringing in Moran at 149 is that the glut of youngin's at 141/149, outside of Cole Martin, may need some more seasoning to be competitive at the level he wants us at.

npope

So, what is the deal with Ritter leaving? A big complaint of the Davis regime was that the communication with the fans (this forum) was too opaque. Now, out of the gates, we have a solid member of the team leaving, without so much as a boo on the forum. While I understand the delicate nature of the situation from Bono's perch, fans on the forum have far more freedom.

So, what the heck happened? Start a new thread if needed so if Tom feels some privacy issues are being invaded he can delete it without deleting this entire thread. But quite honestly, more than one of the forum posters was continually complaining about Davis' lack of transparency and now...some posters seem to have inside information and they choose to sit on it. Almost makes me think Davis wasn't the problem on this particular issue.

So, what's the deal? Luke? You seem to know something.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

bigG

Quote from: wrestlemania on August 06, 2018, 12:02:08 AM
"The problem is if he is gone leaves a huge hole unless Reinhardt stays at 197.

Indeed. I hope no one is thinking B1G team title already down two starters before the season even begins.  :-[

I doubt anyone was thinking B1G title this year. Just hoping to see improvement in talent and progress.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

wrastle63

Heard rumors about why and that's it. I don't really want to spread it I don't know the whole story. I'm sure there will be information soon.

MNbadger

From the Guillotine:
"Ritter is out at Wisconsin, I wonder if Brandvold can land him? he is a very good 197 pounder with two year of eligibility left.
My sources tell me Ritter was on his way out before Davis left for some very specific reasons....if it is true then Brandevold and MN will not touch him. "
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

wrastle63

Quote from: MNbadger on August 07, 2018, 07:11:23 AM
From the Guillotine:
"Ritter is out at Wisconsin, I wonder if Brandvold can land him? he is a very good 197 pounder with two year of eligibility left.
My sources tell me Ritter was on his way out before Davis left for some very specific reasons....if it is true then Brandevold and MN will not touch him. "
Yep some issues. Wouldn't surprise me if he went to Maryland.