Rumors

Started by shakerag, July 30, 2018, 02:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shakerag

My sources say that Kyle Synder is in talks with Askren and Bono to bring him to the BRTC. That would be huge! We need a coach for the big guys anyway.

leg turk

I stopped being a fan of his when he tweeted out last fall that Wisconsin football is the most overrated team in the country.

aarons23

If this is true... as i hope he can lure Kerlivich with him.....would be a great addition to the Badgers.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

imwi

Quote from: leg turk on July 30, 2018, 02:43:04 PM
I stopped being a fan of his when he tweeted out last fall that Wisconsin football is the most overrated team in the country.

I remember that but I'd selectively forget it if he came here

BuckyMatt

This would be absolutely incredible!!

bigoil

that's probably correct but if you have Kyle Snyder, you might have 25 more steak fry events  ;D

FoldEmUp

Let's be honest, the steak fry is small potatoes when you have guys giving $1M to Penn RTC.  We need a sugar daddy or at least a group of smaller sugar uncles or something.  :)

Maybe a Kyle Snyder gives our RTC legitimacy that draws higher profile donors with bigger pockets?

As we say in our process building our HS program from the ashes a couple years ago...it's a process.  It doesn't happen all at once.  The progress we're making on all fronts right now is EXTREMELY encouraging.

wrastle63

Quote from: FoldEmUp on July 31, 2018, 12:11:34 PM
Let's be honest, the steak fry is small potatoes when you have guys giving $1M to Penn RTC.  We need a sugar daddy or at least a group of smaller sugar uncles or something.  :)

Maybe a Kyle Snyder gives our RTC legitimacy that draws higher profile donors with bigger pockets?

As we say in our process building our HS program from the ashes a couple years ago...it's a process.  It doesn't happen all at once.  The progress we're making on all fronts right now is EXTREMELY encouraging.
Exactly donations are going up! There is excitement around the program. As long as Bono and Co. bring encouraging results forward this year and recruit well we will continue to move forward. It's not going to happen overnight.

imwi

I can say personally that I've never donated before and I've donated twice now and put in for matside seats.  I am not your Sugar Uncle by any means but I suspect the program overall is doing better than it was a year ago. 

Big Steve

While I am pretty sure that the million it would take to bring Snyder in isn't going to happen. What do you think the chances of bringing Dieringer to the BRTC would be? The person who shunned him from college is gone and the connection to SE Wisconsin is there on the coaching staff. He is a World Team alternate and would bring some more national title clout to the university.

Ghetto

Quote from: Big Steve on August 02, 2018, 02:17:22 PM
While I am pretty sure that the million it would take to bring Snyder in isn't going to happen. What do you think the chances of bringing Dieringer to the BRTC would be? The person who shunned him from college is gone and the connection to SE Wisconsin is there on the coaching staff. He is a World Team alternate and would bring some more national title clout to the university.

I like how you think, sir.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Numbers

I think NCAA titles and International medals are the future of the UW wrestling room.

dman

Quote from: Ghetto on August 02, 2018, 03:44:48 PM

I like how you think, sir.

Ditto

wrastle63

I think some of the targets to bring in for the RTC are(in no fancy order): Dieringer, Gross(after this year), Macey Kilty, Jesse Thielke, and Tyler Graff. These are all wrestlers who have connections to Wisconsin.

factfinder

Is Ritter still on the team or did Bono give Him the boot??