we now have some relief  help !    :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

leg turk

Not a bad trade, the problem is, we need alot more help than that.

Ghetto

It looks like we are going to add pieces rather than go for the big HR. We have a surplus of plus OFers but that isn't bringing in the high level starter everyone wants.

While i would like to win now, there's a lot of young talent. The Brewers might be in the race for years to come.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

fastnfurious

Just got Moustakas too.

wrastle63

Don't love Moose but he adds length to our lineup. He has almost identical numbers to Shaw but plays in a pitchers ballpark with nobody around to protect him. Now our only weak position is ss. We also will have either Thames or Braun off bench to pinch hit every night.

Phillips/Lopez didn't really have a future with us. Would love to see a trade for a SP now. We really haven't lost much for prospects.

Ghetto

If Shaw does move to 2nd, he becomes a huge advantage offensively compared to most of the league. Arcia's lack of hitting isn't as big a deal now. Leave him in the lineup for his defense.

We got him for nothing, essentially. I want to say Moustakas has a team friendly contract as well.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

wrastle63

Quote from: Ghetto on July 28, 2018, 08:39:42 AM
If Shaw does move to 2nd, he becomes a huge advantage offensively compared to most of the league. Arcia's lack of hitting isn't as big a deal now. Leave him in the lineup for his defense.

We got him for nothing, essentially. I want to say Moustakas has a team friendly contract as well.
There is an option for next season. I think 15 million.

leg turk

Really hoping they land a great starting pitcher today.

neutral

Well - now that they've passed on pitching (and the only guy I would have wanted would have been Wheeler) ... and added Schoop - I say move Moustakes to SS ... and bash everybody to death.  Replace him late in games for defensive purposes.  He's a gold glover - and as long as he's still on the left side ... I think he can make enough of an adjustment to man the spot 5-6 innings/game.  I think asking either Shaw or Mouse to handle double plays from the right side isn't realistic - but from the left side ... ?

I'd have loved to have gotten an SP - but there weren't any proven good ones at any reasonable price.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

bigoil

Quote from: neutral on July 31, 2018, 04:31:14 PM
Well - now that they've passed on pitching (and the only guy I would have wanted would have been Wheeler) ... and added Schoop - I say move Moustakes to SS ... and bash everybody to death.  Replace him late in games for defensive purposes.  He's a gold glover - and as long as he's still on the left side ... I think he can make enough of an adjustment to man the spot 5-6 innings/game.  I think asking either Shaw or Mouse to handle double plays from the right side isn't realistic - but from the left side ... ?

I'd have loved to have gotten an SP - but there weren't any proven good ones at any reasonable price.

Or Shaw at SS but agree. Let's put 4 30HR guys across the INF and one inappropriate term3 of an outfield. Hope Alina can hit down the road.

wrastle63

Agreed! Our SP could get a boost with Davies and Nelson. Even on off days we have stud backups now.

fastnfurious

I think it'l be Shaw 2nd Schoop short Moose 3rd.

bigoil

Quote from: fastnfurious on July 31, 2018, 07:53:16 PM
I think it'l be Shaw 2nd Schoop short Moose 3rd.
I suspect you will be right I had read that Shaw did play SS but also read later that he wasn't the best :)

leg turk

Did you guys see any video of Schoop turning double plays, or just his arm in general?   :o :o

bigoil

Quote from: leg turk on August 01, 2018, 07:14:29 AM
Did you guys see any video of Schoop turning double plays, or just his arm in general?   :o :o

I've not seen him but his scouting report says his arm strength is an asset, which way are you saying?