second half

Started by maggie, July 18, 2018, 12:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

hope wecan rebound ! and at least beat the CUBS !    :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Houndhead

The Cubs are a very good team and will be tough to beat. If you compare the Brewers and Cubs at each position, the Cubs should be better than the Brewers.
1B- Aguilar-Rizzo , Aguilar is having a great year, Rizzo is having a great career.
2B- Villar vs. Baez
3B- Shaw vs. Bryant
SS- Saladino vs.Russell
C- Pena vs. Contreras
LF-Yelich vs. Shwarber, even
CF- Cain vs. Almora , close
RF- Thames/Braun vs.Hayward close
SP-Anderson/Guerra/Suter/Chacin/Peralta/Davies vs. Lester/Darvish/Chatwood/Kendricks/Quintanna/Montgomery
BP- Brewers vs. Cubs

With that said, the Brewers did win the most games of any National league team in the first half of the season.

Ghetto

Should be interesting. Staying healthy, and getting Jimmy Nelson back are two big pieces to the puzzle. I think that Nelson is gonna be lost for the season, however.

Not being defeatist, but I think the wildcard is more likely. And who cares? Make the playoffs. Anything can happen from there.

While I was excited the Brewers were in the Machado conversation, I'm glad we didn't give up the farm for his rental.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigG

Quote from: Houndhead on July 19, 2018, 08:05:46 AM
The Cubs are a very good team and will be tough to beat. If you compare the Brewers and Cubs at each position, the Cubs should be better than the Brewers.
1B- Aguilar-Rizzo , Aguilar is having a great year, Rizzo is having a great career.
2B- Villar vs. Baez
3B- Shaw vs. Bryant
SS- Saladino vs.Russell
C- Pena vs. Contreras
SP-Anderson/Guerra/Suter/Chacin/Peralta/Davies vs. Lester/Darvish/Chatwood/Kendricks/Quintanna/Montgomery
BP- Brewers vs. Cubs

With that said, the Brewers did win the most games of any National league team in the first half of the season.

I like how you made it like a dual. I say we beat them in wrestling. Gonna be tough on the field of dreams, though. At least we have a shot.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

wrastle63

Quote from: bigG on July 19, 2018, 02:44:02 PM
2B- Villar vs. Baez
3B- Shaw vs. Bryant
SS- Saladino vs.Russell
C- Pena vs. Contreras
BP- Brewers vs. Cubs

I like how you made it like a dual. I say we beat them in wrestling. Gonna be tough on the field of dreams, though. At least we have a shot.
I think it's going to come down to bonus points.

leg turk

and please, no forfeits.

Numbers

Quote from: wrastle63 on July 20, 2018, 12:01:55 PM
Quote from: bigG on July 19, 2018, 02:44:02 PM
2B- Villar vs. Baez
3B- Shaw vs. Bryant
SS- Saladino vs.Russell
C- Pena vs. Contreras
BP- Brewers vs. Cubs

I think it's going to come down to bonus points.
I have Jesus by decision but he could surprise everyone and win by fall.  MVP candidates score big points.
LF is not even.  I have Yelich by major decision.

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

leg turk

up 4-0 in the first, and then get your a** handed to ya.  I just don't see this team making the playoffs anymore.  I hope I'm wrong, but it don't look good.

wrastle63

It is just one game, but for sure a frustrating one. If they keep winning series that is the main goal. If we win every series we will win the division no doubt.

leg turk

"if we win every series"  Really?

The only shot we have, is the wildcard, and that looks to be slipping more and more every day.

TomM

How is Hank? (remember Hank?)
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

wrastle63

Quote from: leg turk on August 08, 2018, 12:42:15 PM
"if we win every series"  Really?

The only shot we have, is the wildcard, and that looks to be slipping more and more every day.
Yea we clearly have no shot at the division in which we are 2.5 games back with over 40+ to go. Lol

They had a bad game last night. It's not the end of the world. Last 10 games Cubs are 6-4 and we are 5-5. No shot to keep up with their pace. The cubs just split 2-2 with the Padres and were outscored 24-17.

wrastle63

Legturk the Cubs lost to THE worst team in the majors the Royals 9-0 tonight. They obviously have no shot if they lose to them right?

leg turk

Quote from: wrastle63 on August 08, 2018, 10:16:32 PM
Legturk the Cubs lost to THE worst team in the majors the Royals 9-0 tonight. They obviously have no shot if they lose to them right?

Its only ONE game 63, don't worry, the Cubs will win the division by 4 games, and the Brewers will miss the wildcard by 2 games, once again breaking my heart one more year.  I get it, your glass is always 3/4 full, however, mine is not.