Connor Brown transferring to Wisconsin!

Started by FoldEmUp, April 26, 2018, 07:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrastle63

I am assuming based on other transfers recently(Suriano) that he will be able to go right away.

Badgerfan

Quote from: ElectricGuy on May 07, 2018, 07:41:10 AM
Quote from: Badgerfan on May 06, 2018, 09:41:40 AM
So why does wrestling have different rules than say football or basketball? Unless you're a grad transfer, I think it's mandatory you sit a year.

I think it has to do with the type of release the school give that athlete (conditional vs non-conditional).  You look at the mess a few years ago when Bo R had all kind of restrictions on Jarrod Uthoff and that became a mess and a black eye for the UW.

What I found strange about the media attention surrounding Uthoff is that same situation is very common at a lot, if not most schools. It's very rare where you see a BIG10 athlete transfer to another BIG10 school in football or basketball, but for some reason Bo was the whipping boy. So the sports that aren't typically considered revenue producing are exempt from having to sit out, whereas  football, basketball, hockey and baseball it appears you must sit out except for some extenuating circumstances. I know some have been able to transfer and not sit if a family member is very ill.