25 day challenge for the BRTC

Started by aarons23, May 02, 2018, 09:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrastle63

Agreed 1000% and maybe some apparel  8)

Razor Ramon

Quote from: wrastle63 on May 11, 2018, 11:07:50 AM
Agreed 1000% and maybe some apparel  8)

Along with that they should look at tournaments. Bono and his team partnered with the Midwest Wrestling Tour (MWT) as a host group for the Buffalo Nat's and they made some substantial coin. It has become a huge fundraiser for SDSU Wrestling. I remember hearing that the MWT group is looking to expand and develop a national duals tournament for youth.

wrestlersdad

Over $9300 now.  Let's keep it going!!!!
When opportunity comes, its too late to prepare.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Harris

Nice touch with the hand written thank you from the 3 coaches.  Class acts.

leg turk

Quote from: Harris on May 18, 2018, 12:43:09 PM

Agreed, I was shocked!  I can't wait until it's College Wrestling season!

stbird

Done, but we have a lot of work to do on raising $50K in 5 days now!  Break out the check book boys!

TomM

BREAKING NEWS!!! Badger RTC has FOUND A MATCHING DONOR FOR their 50K in 25 days CHALLENGE!!!

This means if we can drive up our donations from our current level of $10,866 to $25,000 by June 3rd our donor will match everything YOU ALL donate!!!
To donate simply go to http://www.badgerrtc.org click and click on the link for the 50k in 25 days challenge and help us reach our mark by JUNE 3rd.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

wrastle63

Quote from: stbird on May 30, 2018, 09:18:57 AM
Done, but we have a lot of work to do on raising $50K in 5 days now!  Break out the check book boys!
We just need to get to $25,000 and the donor will match it to make it $50,000.

$11,613.28 so far

Ghetto

Quote from: Harris on May 18, 2018, 12:43:09 PM

That was pretty cool. Thank you to the staff for sending those thank you cards. Nice gesture on their part
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

leg turk

Every time the Badgers pick up a top 50 recruit, I'm going to donate another $100.  I hope they break me!

bigoil

Quote from: leg turk on May 31, 2018, 07:39:08 AM
Every time the Badgers pick up a top 50 recruit, I'm going to donate another $100.  I hope they break me!
I like it, I'm in!

wrastle63

Iowa does a lot of things like that. Donate money for so many All-Americans, number of dual wins, pins, etc. All you have to do is make a pledge. If the coaches exceed expectations they get more money.

BuckyMatt

Quote from: leg turk on May 31, 2018, 07:39:08 AM
Great idea!
How much for a top 20 recruit? 😜

Ghetto

$14,479.12 so far

Didn't make the challenge, but not a bad start. That will go up as the current coaching staff continues to get the word out.

I saw on Twitter that some of the ladies from the world team are looking for a regional training center. I thought I read somewhere that Kevin Black worked with Helen Maroulis. Who better to pull in high level females than Kevin? Has that been considered? Why not make the BRTC the best place for our female Olympians?
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove