25 day challenge for the BRTC

Started by aarons23, May 02, 2018, 09:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

TylerBRTC

This is a great start! Thanks for helping build the momentum... It's just getting started. Let's keep it rolling.

We appreciate all the support. No gift is too small and all is meaningful.

leg turk

Need to find a way to get to the off season Wisconsin Wrestling fans.  There are probably alot of them that don't frequent this forum in the off-season.

empty99

Tried to donate and got stuck in cyberland. Has anyone else had trouble?

leg turk

mkm13

Flatbottom

A possible idea to raise money towards the BRTC.  Reach out to the many hundreds of youth clubs with a donation form every year.  If each club donated $20 that would be a pretty nice jumpstart. 
Obviously the youth clubs do fundraisers to help themselves and their MS and HS teams. Any donation would help the cause
I'm not a product of my environment my environment is a product of me

leg turk

How about the wiaa donate a small percentage of the door at regionals, Sectionals, and state?

Numbers

Quote from: leg turk on May 08, 2018, 03:20:21 PM
How about the wiaa donate a small percentage of the door at regionals, Sectionals, and state?

So you want the WIAA to raise ticket prices to help fund the RTC that probably benefits college and post college athletes more than the kids in high school?

leg turk

Quote from: Numbers on May 08, 2018, 04:36:17 PM

So you want the WIAA to raise ticket prices to help fund the RTC that probably benefits college and post college athletes more than the kids in high school?

Sure why not?  I would pay a $1 extra at those 3 events, no problem...  but I realize not everyone would feel that way.  Maybe just one of those events?

MNbadger

I know I'll get attacked for this but it never stopped me before.......
So after all the complaining about the WIAA and the apparent belief that they are getting rich off the high school wrestlers, people are willing to pay more for this?  Good gosh I remember endless threads about this (and complaints about the price of nachos)..................
How about paying a few more dollars for the high school kids?  This doesn't mean you can't donate to both.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

npope

With all due respect, any discussion of WIAA events contributing to the funding of higher ed athletics is misguided at the extreme. The WIAA is a private entity whose stated mission is to support the participation of high school aged youth in athletics. No where does it mention this notion of building champions or the development of athletes to compete at the next level; competition at the next level has absolutely nothing to do with the WIAA. The WIAA merely creates a framework in which the high school students of WI can compete against one another; it has never been intended to serve as a feeder-system for athletics at the next level.

Any discussion of using that system to financially support athletics at the next level seems completely disconnected to the WIAA's stated purpose and goals.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Numbers

While every idea is not going to be "great", we need to remember all ideas are welcome on the boards.  Grabbing some thought and having the community input can get results.

That being said, is it possible for the Badger RTC to run a high school wrestling "open" as a fundraiser over the Christmas break?  Or maybe the Badger RTC is hoping Wisconsin kids are ranked top five nationally and want to compete at college opens or maybe Midlands?

Getting a little off topic here but maybe the Badger coaches will find a way host a college tournament going forward.

Say-Say

This is not permissible by the WIAA.

mkm13

Here is what Iowa does to try to create revenue:

https://www.hawkeyewrestlingclub.com/inner-circle/

It would seem like setting up something this that could generate monthly donations would be a good idea.