Get your crystal balls out!

Started by coconut joe, April 23, 2018, 11:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

When will the Badgers bring home some team hardware from the NCAAs?

1-2 seasons
3 (4.3%)
3-4 seasons
37 (53.6%)
5-6 seasons
19 (27.5%)
Same stuff, different pile; it's not gonna happen.
11 (15.9%)

Total Members Voted: 69

coconut joe

I'm excited for the future of the program.  I'm also interested to see when folks think we'll see some success.  When will we see a national title?  I'm going to say 8 years out.  

bigoil

Quote from: coconut joe on April 23, 2018, 11:16:01 AM
I'm excited for the future of the program.  I'm also interested to see when folks think we'll see some success.  When will we see a national?  I'm going to say 8 years out. 
Your poll and you didn't even create a category for 8 years  ;D

Ledger

I'm not expecting a national championship, but top 4 in 3-4 years is realistic.  More importantly, I'd love to see a WI kid finally get a national championship for the Badgers.

billymurphy

No way the Badgers finish ahead of Penn State while Cael is there and
Ohio State has put some powerhouse teams together recently. 

Harris

Quote from: billymurphy on April 23, 2018, 12:26:27 PM
No way the Badgers finish ahead of Penn State while Cael is there and
Ohio State has put some powerhouse teams together recently.  

That's what they used to say about Mike Tyson till ole Buster Douglas came along  ;)

BuckyMatt

Wicks Senior year, they could have 4 All American upper classmen (both Wick's, Hilger and Konrath) not to mention all of the Freshman and Sophomore studs that will be recruited by the new regime.  This isn't to say any of the current underclassmen or current recruits can't also be studs, I just think these 4 are the most obvious!

I think our chance to compete is sooner than most people think!! 
I personally believe we will dethrone PSU and win a National Championship in the next 3-5 years!

Numbers

Quote from: BuckyMatt on April 23, 2018, 10:55:14 PM
Wicks Senior year, they could have 4 All American upper classmen (both Wick's, Hilger and Konrath) not to mention all of the Freshman and Sophomore studs that will be recruited by the new regime.  This isn't to say any of the current underclassmen or current recruits can't also be studs, I just think these 4 are the most obvious!

I personally believe we will dethrone PSU and win a National Championship in the next 3-5 years!

Need a 4th AA name__________

dad 2 5

Quote from: Numbers on August 26, 2018, 04:05:58 PM

Need a 4th AA name__________

Moran or Brown?

wrastle63

There is zero chance Konrath is an AA for the Badgers. That team could have 4 AAs or more though.

Oldtimer

To compete with PSU or Ohio State you need more than 4 all americans.  Try 4 champions and other AA.  The program they have is going to need to go into decline for UW to sniff a title.  Hardware is believable though.
Beware of the northern sleeper

FoldEmUp

We're going to need a LOT more money going into the RTC to lure in the number of national championship and AA caliber wrestlers it's going to take to win a natty championship.

I think some sustained success over 3-4 years will get a sugar daddy or some sugar uncles to open up their wallets.  Bono did a great job of this at SDS and there are even greater opportunities here than there.