USAW Nationals

Started by 1Iota, March 30, 2018, 01:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1Iota

Looking at the Cadet & Jr brackets it seems like a lot less Wisconsin kids are wrestling at Nationals this year.  I could be wrong as I am basing this on nothing more than my own quick view of the brackets, but it sure looks like there are not nearly as many kids from the Dairyland state as in the past. 

ramjet

Followed this on Track WI was well represented some tough wrestling with talent form all over the Country.

Brady Spaeth with a second place in cadets at 160 one point loss in the finals. But the number of Wisconsin wrestlers placing was pretty good.

Looks like WI has several kids in semis for tomorrow as well. 

wrastle63

Quote from: ramjet on March 30, 2018, 07:15:45 PM
Followed this on Track WI was well represented some tough wrestling with talent form all over the Country.

Brady Spaeth with a second place in cadets at 160 one point loss in the finals. But the number of Wisconsin wrestlers placing was pretty good.

There were plenty of other Wisconsin kids who took 2nd as well. Does seem like smaller numbers. AWA has like 25 kids go though. But again is this really the national tournament? There is this nationals, flonationals, etc.

ramjet

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 30, 2018, 09:57:23 PM
Quote from: ramjet on March 30, 2018, 07:15:45 PM

There were plenty of other Wisconsin kids who took 2nd as well. Does seem like smaller numbers. AWA has like 25 kids go though. But again is this really the national tournament? There is this nationals, flonationals, etc.

Yea yea yea I know but your jaded view of certain clubs really gets in the way to take away the positives. I just did not look up all the wrestlers. There were some very successful WI and some D1 prospects in this Tournmanet some them getting trimmed up pretty good so yes it was a very tough compeitition with wrestlers from all over the country. Does that make it a "National" Tournament ?  Maybe you should tell us???? ::)

I am just trying to give credit to the WI wrestlers willing to go compete with some obvious tough compitition and noticed that there was quit a few WI wrestlers in the placement matches. Too me that is what makes this sport so great wrestlers willing to work to get better. You? you just take a jaded point of view that's more a YOU issue than anything. Good luck with that.

bigoil

I seen a stat that WI was tied with the most semifinalists in cadet/jrs. While it isn't a true nationals, I believe PA didn't have a semi finalist, it is a big enough tournament that Purdue's head coach was there (seen his tweet).

ramjet

Quote from: bigoil on March 31, 2018, 09:24:36 AM
I seen a stat that WI was tied with the most semifinalists in cadet/jrs. While it isn't a true nationals, I believe PA didn't have a semi finalist, it is a big enough tournament that Purdue's head coach was there (seen his tweet).

Yea look at some of our State champs and the tough road they had yesterday there were some tough weight classes. Kaukauna had a goodly number of wrestlers even Bonduel and AWA and Crass some top D1 prospects battling that's fun. I actually purchased the live feed that's how good some of the wrestling was. I know it's close to WI but great to see the state represented well. 

padre

Quote from: ramjet on March 31, 2018, 09:37:02 AM

Yea look at some of our State champs and the tough road they had yesterday there were some tough weight classes. Kaukauna had a goodly number of wrestlers even Bonduel and AWA and Crass some top D1 prospects battling that's fun. I actually purchased the live feed that's how good some of the wrestling was. I know it's close to WI but great to see the state represented well. 

Nice to see Bonduel and Kaukauna go under their school names....and thats why they are more noticeable to me.

wrastle63

Yea that is a good stat. Wisconsin did have 8 kids who took 2nd, just no champs. Will be interesting to see how this field stacks up versus flonationals. There will obviously be more kids from out East for that one as it is held in Pennsylvania.

As for Ram...lol Can't make a post without having a problem.... Just because I stated there were other wrestlers who took 2nd as well. I have nothing against any club/program as I told you before. I didn't say anything negative about anyone. Keep dreaming bud....

Speaking of giving credit I was super impressed with Rivera from Stoughton took 2nd as a 8th grader. That is impressive.

padre

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 31, 2018, 09:48:31 AM
Yea that is a good stat. Wisconsin did have 8 kids who took 2nd, just no champs. Will be interesting to see how this field stacks up versus flonationals. There will obviously be more kids from out East for that one as it is held in Pennsylvania.

As for Ram...lol Can't make a post without having a problem.... Just because I stated there were other wrestlers who took 2nd as well. I have nothing against any club/program as I told you before. I didn't say anything negative about anyone. Keep dreaming bud....

Speaking of giving credit I was super impressed with Rivera from Stoughton took 2nd as a 8th grader. That is impressive.

After his performance at state dominating one of the best in the state and to follow it up like this no doubt he's going to make major noise next year.

GradeTough

Quote from: padre on March 31, 2018, 10:36:03 AM
Quote from: wrastle63 on March 31, 2018, 09:48:31 AM

Nicolar is the real deal. I love watching him wrestle. Always looks to score and stay aggressive until the whistle blows.

After his performance at state dominating one of the best in the state and to follow it up like this no doubt he's going to make major noise next year.

ramjet

Yup tough kid Ido not care what name I see Wisconsin that's what I posted too.

Maybe you do not look for Wisconsin that's what I look for.

padre

Quote from: ramjet on March 31, 2018, 12:36:51 PM
Yup tough kid Ido not care what name I see Wisconsin that's what I posted too.

Maybe you do not look for Wisconsin that's what I look for.

Just like hometown pride.  Seems thats getting to be a bad thing.

ramjet

I did not say it's a bad thing did WB have some good performers down there that would be fantastic. Congrats to those wrestlers for going down and having a great time and working hard to improve. Wrestling is the greatest sport of all sports. I like the fact that ,any Wiscosnins wrestlers made the trip and enjoyed the fellowship of thier fellow Chees heads !