Kyle Ruschell and Trevor Brandvold

Started by Wisconsin Wrestling Fan, March 29, 2018, 11:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

With so much focus on Barry Davis's departure, I hope things work out for Kyle and Trevor.

They have both been at the UW for over 10 years and have proven their dedication to Wisconsin Wrestling.
(And they have put up with all of us during that time, which should count for something!! ;D)

Both are very capable college coaches. If one or both moves on, I wish them well.

It sounds like Kyle plans to enter the US Open freestyle tournament this year. In his last tournament, Kyle joined Russ Hellickson, Andy Rein, and Lee Kemp as the only former Badgers to win the Pan American Games Championship.
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

wrestling for fun

Both represented the Badgers very well on the mat and coaching.  Their positive presentation and outlook would be an asset to any program

coachn

Chances are they will go.  Bono will want all new blood. JMO: Strong opinion: More pieces to the puzzle. National Champ and a couple recruits will follow CB.    Badger ON!

dad 2 5

Quote from: wrestling for fun on March 29, 2018, 11:45:26 AM
Both represented the Badgers very well on the mat and coaching.  Their positive presentation and outlook would be an asset to any program

+1!

imwi

Quote from: coachn on March 29, 2018, 11:49:33 AM
Chances are they will go.  Bono will want all new blood. JMO: Strong opinion: More pieces to the puzzle. National Champ and a couple recruits will follow CB.    Badger ON!

Seth Gross is listed as a junior on their website roster, he can't transfer since he's already transferred once.  Now if he graduates and enters a graduate program, he may be able to transfer but we all saw what happened with Downey's plan for that this year. 

wrastle63

Gross would be great but probably not realistic. More interested in Connor Brown at 125, Martin Mueller 184, and some of their recruits. They have been rumored to be following him.

Jimmy

Sammie Henson has proven himself as a great assistant ,as a head coach not so much. Would love to see him manning the lightweights in the new regime.

Numbers

Quote from: Jimmy on March 29, 2018, 12:14:39 PM
Sammie Henson has proven himself as a great assistant ,as a head coach not so much. Would love to see him manning the lightweights in the new regime.
Maybe Tony Ramos wants back into the region (and to coach against Iowa).  He is from Illinois.

Maybe if Ramos came to Madison, Barnett would attend Madison instead of UNC?

Kyle and Trevor are awesome people and should be just fine on whatever path the future takes them.

JohnnyT

Didn't Graff win Pan American Championship same year as Kyle? He used to wrestle for the Badgers.

Ghetto

Quote from: JohnnyT on March 30, 2018, 01:11:58 PM
Didn't Graff win Pan American Championship same year as Kyle? He used to wrestle for the Badgers.

Graff is down at VA Tech at their training center.

I saw that Kyle Ruschell will wrestle at the Bill Farrell.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

wrastle63

Quote from: Ghetto on March 30, 2018, 05:26:12 PM
Quote from: JohnnyT on March 30, 2018, 01:11:58 PM

Graff is down at VA Tech at their training center.

I saw that Kyle Ruschell will wrestle at the Bill Farrell.
Ruschell is probably favored to win

Ghetto

I think he and Graff both took second.

Graff is a sure bet to make the finals of every tournament he wrestles in. He is then a sure bet to lose. I love watching all of his matches until the final.

bigG

It's a disturbing trend. Cripes he's so fun to watch. Just smooth as silk, thinks quickly, etc. Then the finals come. I sooo wanted him toe beat Ramos sooo many times. GRRR!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

JohnnyT

Reffing was odd in that match two. Not sure why Graff was penalized with 1 point and then put on a shot clock for additional point? He was up 2-0 and attacking, then all the sudden it was 2-2. Ruschell looked great even though he lost in the finals. Both are so fun to watch. It seems like Wisconsin had a lot of great wrestlers but failed to retain them after graduation. Timmy McCall improved a lot over the years and he is also fun to watch. Schools that are in the top 4 such as Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan...etc. retained all of their athletes and are capable of providing them with the opportunities after graduation.

Ghetto

Looks like that day will come. If Gross follows Bono, and has success it will start that ball rolling.