Bono

Started by The Legend, March 23, 2018, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

Is it October yet?!  Can't wait!

wrestlersdad

I hope we will see results from this hiring long before October!!!!
When opportunity comes, its too late to prepare.

hokemac

Heard that Bono wants to bring all of his assistants; Reader, Caldwell and Macki (new volunteer Bono had set for 18-19) but my sources say Alvarez is balking at bringing all 3.  If you are going all in with Bono you better let him loose.  He will not stop short of being #1.

FoldEmUp

Bono was interviewed on a Florida radio station this morning and I had to share one of his quotes about recruiting to cold weather places like SDSU, which would apply to Wisconsin as well.  "There is no cold weather.  There are weak people."  Love it!  I can't wait to see what he does on the recruiting trail!

wrastle63

Quote from: hokemac on March 27, 2018, 07:55:35 AM
Heard that Bono wants to bring all of his assistants; Reader, Caldwell and Macki (new volunteer Bono had set for 18-19) but my sources say Alvarez is balking at bringing all 3.  If you are going all in with Bono you better let him loose.  He will not stop short of being #1.
Reader is coming but I think they could do better than Caldwell and Macki.

Badgerfan4

I hope BA isn't telling him who he can and can't hire.

DocWrestling

Quote from: Badgerfan4 on March 27, 2018, 09:30:14 AM
I hope BA isn't telling him who he can and can't hire.

Just like other sports, Alvarez tells him how much he has to spend on assistants.   He can have as many assistants he wants within NCAA rules and as long as they all get paid within that amount.  Head coach gets to decide basically what each assistant makes within that money pool
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

Badgerfan4

Then why would he balk at it cause it's the same number that is there now

wrestler133

Are brandvold and ruschell out at WI?   If so, do we know where they are moving on to.

imwi

Quote from: Badgerfan4 on March 27, 2018, 10:49:14 AM
Then why would he balk at it cause it's the same number that is there now

Same number doesn't equal the same salary

TomM

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on March 27, 2018, 11:18:24 AM
Goodness, the guy has been here for 11 minutes.  Everyone just chill out for 17 seconds.   

He may be kinda busy, I don't know, moving his family here, looking into school districts, housing, etc.

Aaron Rodgers said it best.....RELAX.

I think he said "R-E-L-A-X" ....
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Numbers

Goodness, the guy has been here for 11 minutes.  Everyone just chill out for 17 seconds.   

But the season starts in 197 days!

mkm13

The listing for the assistant coach on the UW website does not close until April 2nd.  Similar to the required listing for the head coaching position, UW requires all positions to be listed for awhile.  I assume that is why we are not hearing anything official yet.

I will be curious how it all shakes out.  Reader coming would be a big add as an assistant.  He also made 80k last year, so I assume he will be getting paid well here as well.  If there is only so much money available in the pool of assistants, there might not be a lot of money available for the rest. 

It would be nice to keep Ruschell and/or Brandvold involved with UW in some way, but there is also only so much money available.

GradeTough

Quote from: Numbers on March 27, 2018, 11:33:24 AM

But the season starts in 197 days!
+100  ;D

leg turk

seems like all the excitement came to a hault.  Hoping we hear more from coach Bono soon, but I realize he's probably pretty busy right now.  Hoping that interview comes out from Abigail, and soon.