Matches to look for!

Started by kpugh8680, March 20, 2018, 12:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kpugh8680

Again I am asking what matchups are we looking forward to seeing this coming weekend at Youth State.

I for one will be watching 03-04 105 lbs Drexler vs Rivera. Can only hope they are on opposite sides.

madeyson

+1 on Rivera/Drexler
03-04 100 - Meunier/Gerber/Willis
03-04 95 - Sonnentag/Kratchovill/Dolphin/Wilkowski
03-04 135 - Marko/Stebane
03-04 110 - Ackman/Erickson

Going to fun to watch some great wrestling this weekend - "The future of Wisconsin wrestling"

tyben

All good ones, add Tanner Anderson to 03-04 95lbs

05-06 100 Back,Ramos,Licht
05-06 91 Dubach,Flege,Sullivan
03-04 90 Suddeth, Clark

Binfiller

+1 on Rivera/Drexler
+1 Erickson/Ackman- Ackman was a beast at Bayport!!!
+1 on Marko/Stebane -don't sleep on Brody Hemauer another state champ 2 years ago to challenge these two also

03-04 150 Bartoszek/Mulvaney
03-04 160 Braelon Allen/Andrew Popp

Hoping they are semi-final matches or even better yet meet in the finals!!!

wrestler6

When are they releasing brackets? I see track has them listed but am unable to view, wondering when they'll be released to the public??
Tyler

Sudden Death

03-04

85 S.Corrigan/ C. Beckett / P. Spray
90 G. Clark / C. Suddeth
95 T. Dolphin / B. Sonnentag / P. Kratochville / M Kuokkanen
100 C. Meunier / C. Willis / T. Gerber/ R. Nilo
105 N. Rivera / G. Drexler
110 C. Erickson / A Brosinski / H. Amborn / T. Ackman

wrestler6

Is the R. Nilo- 100 lbs from Milton?? Or?
Tyler

bigoil

Quote from: Sudden Death on March 21, 2018, 03:22:17 PM
03-04

85 S.Corrigan/ C. Beckett / P. Spray
90 G. Clark / C. Suddeth
95 T. Dolphin / B. Sonnentag / P. Kratochville / M Kuokkanen
100 C. Meunier / C. Willis / T. Gerber/ R. Nilo
105 N. Rivera / G. Drexler
110 C. Erickson / A Brosinski / H. Amborn / T. Ackman

I believe some have wrestled prior:
90 - Greyson Clark (Askren Wrestling Academy 1) over Chance Suddeth (Advance SOW) TF 17-1
95 Troy Dolphin (Elkhorn) won by decision over Magnus Kuokkanen (Askren Wrestling Academy) (Dec 3-2)
10/29/2017 USAW Preseason Nationals - Tanner Gerber over Caleb Meunier (Fall)
Tanner Gerber (Crass Trained) won by decision over Caleb Meunier (Winneconne/Aviators) (Dec 4-2)

Sudden Death

I knew about all those results expect for the Gerber / Meunier ones but they do look like it was early in the season so who knows what will happen now.  Excited to see those to battle again for sure and we know anything can happen at state. 

Sudden Death

ChargerDad

03-04 175 P. Rucker(Wisconsin Rapids)/K. Hopke (Amery)

bigoil

Quote from: ChargerDad on March 21, 2018, 08:59:53 PM
03-04 175 P. Rucker(Wisconsin Rapids)/K. Hopke (Amery)
I would add Matthew Janssen to that list as well. I noticed Rucker beat him 5-2 earlier.

Binfiller

+1 on Janssen. He was on a mission at Bayport pinning everybody in the 1st period!! He looked good at the Northeast Valley Conference Tourney also.

GradeTough

Quote from: wrestler6 on March 21, 2018, 02:31:21 PM
When are they releasing brackets? I see track has them listed but am unable to view, wondering when they'll be released to the public??

Friday @ 8:00 am.

ChargerDad

Quote from: Binfiller on March 21, 2018, 10:28:25 PM
+1 on Janssen. He was on a mission at Bayport pinning everybody in the 1st period!! He looked good at the Northeast Valley Conference Tourney also.

Janssen definitely in the mix with those two.. that was an oops on my part.. Ive seen him wrestle mat side a few times this year, and when he is aggressive he is really good, and can score on anyone.   He's one of the few wrestlers in that weight class who can and will shoot a very quick double and almost always finish when he does.. he has the speed and strength to hang with either.. I don't think Hopke is quite as quick as the other two, but he's a very skilled wrestler..  he lost 3-1 to Jack Darrah from Missouri at Badgerland Nationals.. Darrah is a stud, won Tulsa 15U this year, and the only match that was as close as his match with Hopke was the finals..