John Jimenez

Started by wrestler133, March 11, 2018, 11:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestler133

I see that he only won one match at Big Tens....I honestly thought that was all you needed to win in the Big Ten Tourny in order to qualify for NCAA's, but I don't see him in the nationals bracket.   What is the deal?

Harris

He had his chance in the consolation 9th place bracket but was eliminated. 

wrestler133

So you have to place at least ninth in the big tens to get an automatic bid?

dad 2 5

Quote from: wrestler133 on March 11, 2018, 03:19:22 PM
So you have to place at least ninth in the big tens to get an automatic bid?

Each weight has different allotments. 125 for the Big Ten was 10 this year. He needed one win in the sub bracket

Numbers

JJ is a very good wrestler.  I think you can see how talented the top 33 D1 wrestlers are today.  USA wrestling has taken a huge step forward the last three years.

wrestler133

I thought this would be his year to string some wins together at NCAA's and get on the podium

imnofish

Having watched him compete in high school, I really had high hopes for him being successful at the collegiate level.  Just shows how big a lift that can be.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

wrestler133

Quote from: imnofish on March 12, 2018, 01:26:36 PM
Having watched him compete in high school, I really had high hopes for him being successful at the collegiate level.  Just shows how big a lift that can be.

I definitely agree.

dad 2 5

Quote from: wrestler133 on March 12, 2018, 04:43:14 PM

I definitely agree.

I think having to jump in his freshmen year changed a lot. I think he needed that year to develop. But he and the coaching staff did not have options and we all know RT tried to battle through the pain.

imnofish

Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 12, 2018, 06:24:26 PM

I definitely agree.

I think having to jump in his freshmen year changed a lot. I think he needed that year to develop. But he and the coaching staff did not have options and we all know RT tried to battle through the pain.

Good point. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

stbird

I think the Illinois boys were just overrated that year.  Same thing happened to Jered Cortez at Penn State.  4 timer and even more sought after than Jiminez and never even qualified for NCAA's.

Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 12, 2018, 06:24:26 PM

I definitely agree.

GoodGod

Were Brian Murphy and Ben Whitford a part of that class? You may be on to something...

Micah

Brian Murphy was solid for Michigan

The Legend

My bet is John had health concerns, and maybe that's why he missed half a season here or there. Sometimes wrestling takes a back seat. (Fact)  HMMM

GoodGod

Wasn't trying to under cut Murphy who had an decent career for Michigan, just meant he didn't develop the way most thought he would coming out of high school. A lack of a redshirt probably effected that.