Barry Davis

Started by Brett Favre - R.I.P., March 04, 2018, 07:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Say-Say

Quote from: OneEyedFatMan on March 05, 2018, 05:14:55 PM
You guys aren't thinking straight.

J Robinson is your changer.

You're thinking J-Rob would come to Wisconsin?

maggie

Case some forgot or can not recall, this is what we will be mising now !       https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Davis_(wrestler)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

wrestler6

I think J Rob would 👍
Tyler

Say-Say

Quote from: wrestler6 on March 05, 2018, 06:36:13 PM
I think J Rob would 👍

Interesting.

What about current coaching staff?

wrestler6

Brandvold and ruschell stay as is and would be awesome to have Donny P come back! 
Tyler

Numbers

Quote from: Say-Say on March 05, 2018, 06:37:39 PM
Quote from: wrestler6 on March 05, 2018, 06:36:13 PM
I think J Rob would 👍

Interesting.

What about current coaching staff?
The way I read the release, it would be up to the new coach to hire all wrestling coaches after the semester.  Depending on the hire, maybe not all coaches would want to stay or be asked to stay?

Say-Say

The way I read the release, it would be up to the new coach to hire all wrestling coaches after the semester.  Depending on the hire, maybe not all coaches would want to stay or be asked to stay?

That's how I read it as well... current staff would stay on until the end of the semester, and then... ???

imwi

Quote from: Brett Favre on March 05, 2018, 01:12:20 PM
And where are all the people that said Brett doesn't know what he's talking about.

YOU'RE WELCOME

Present

AZKing

Anybody that knocked Barry Davis the person, the human being, must never have interacted with him...however, Barry davis the D1 coach did need to go.

mkm13

The Wicks and Hillgers have gone on record as not being happy about this. Hope whoever the new coach is can fit in well with them as they are a big part of UWs future.

greysquirrelmobile

Shane Sparks posted this on his Facebook Page:

Barry Davis was one of the best wrestlers of all-time, but he is so much more than that. I can't begin to tell the many stories I have about Barry Davis the human being. He treated me and my family so well over the years. This guy was there for me during some difficult times. You can imagine my surprise when I would get phone calls from Barry to see how I was doing or the times he would call at 10pm the day before a match to make sure I was bringing my son because he wanted us to spend good time together. He has continued to be very supportive of me with calls and texts. I stopped being impressed with Barry Davis the wrestler a long time ago. Guy would give you the shirt off his back. Thank you Barry Davis for your kindness and friendship. Heart of gold! I wish Barry the best in his next chapter.

imnofish

Quote from: greysquirrelmobile on March 05, 2018, 07:15:44 PM

Barry Davis was one of the best wrestlers of all-time, but he is so much more than that. I can't begin to tell the many stories I have about Barry Davis the human being. He treated me and my family so well over the years. This guy was there for me during some difficult times. You can imagine my surprise when I would get phone calls from Barry to see how I was doing or the times he would call at 10pm the day before a match to make sure I was bringing my son because he wanted us to spend good time together. He has continued to be very supportive of me with calls and texts. I stopped being impressed with Barry Davis the wrestler a long time ago. Guy would give you the shirt off his back. Thank you Barry Davis for your kindness and friendship. Heart of gold! I wish Barry the best in his next chapter.

That's one heck of an endorsement!  I've never met the man, but there is obviously a lot to appreciate about him.  I would hope that we can all join Shane in wishing Barry a great future.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

Cool post. Thanks for sharing that. Great guy that's leaving. Always been one of my favorite wrestlers. Never got to know him. Love these sorts of stories.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

dad 2 5

Quote from: greysquirrelmobile on March 05, 2018, 07:15:44 PM

+1,000,000

rv84

Quote from: AZKing on March 05, 2018, 03:38:41 PM
Sorry but D3 and D2 WIAA state champs no matter how many times just don't cut it at the next level.
Rick Lawinger,Ron Jeidy,Jim Haines.Matt Hanutke,Tyler Turner,Dennis Limmex,Ralph Liegel,Todd Seiler, Kyle Richards,Mark Schmitz,Gene Spellman,Ryan Lord,Terry Manning.Tim Hartung,Garret Lowney,Cole Konrad and the Hull brothers of Evansville.My 1 minute timer just beep thats all the little guys I could come up whith in 1 Minute