Opening Session

Started by AZKing, March 03, 2018, 01:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZKing

East Lansing, MD

The Busty Badgers Led by 5 consolation victories (including one bye) have roared back in to contention. All 10 athletes are still in contention to gain an automatic bid to the mistake on the Lake to pursue earning all-american honors for the once famed coach, Barry Davis. Never has Wisconsin wrestling had so much to wrestle for on the backside of the bracket!

dad 2 5

Looking at round 3 I think we have a shot at 5 wins maybe 2 more and outside shot at 2 more but unlikely. Not sure how the 9th place bracket works at B1G but there is brackets for 25;41;49;57;65;84 for 9thWe still have a good shot at getting 7 through.

dad 2 5

If I looked at it right:

JJ gets welch from Prd, 26-6 sr
JL gets Keener from PSU, 14-7 sr
ES gets Weaver from Ind, 22-9 jr
CM gets Bleiese from MN, 16-6 jr
AC gets Oster from Nw, 12-16 so
EW gets Martin from Ind, 13-6 sr
RC gets Ugalde from Md, 8-11 jr
RR gets Skiga from Nw, 16-13 jr
HR gets Lee from IL, 13-12 sr
BS gets Jennigs frmo Nw, 22-9 jr

Should get the wins in Bold and hopefully a couple out of the italics ones

AZKing

Wick should catch Massa in the cons. Semis - Massa has looked all year like he's been one takedown away from breaking all year.

npope

You know, for the most part, the consi's are where the Badgers belong; embrace it - let's get behind it - let's get a couple of unexpected wins there and qualify for the NCAA. I want to see a show of hands of posters who thought we would have many (if any) guys in the semis?

Crone, Wick...? Even those guys were a toss-up. We are where we were expected to be - let's get the job done and qualify!
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

AZKing

Quote from: npope on March 03, 2018, 04:42:54 PM
You know, for the most part, the consi's are where the Badgers belong; embrace it - let's get behind it - let's get a couple of unexpected wins there and qualify for the NCAA. I want to see a show of hands of posters who thought we would have many (if any) guys in the semis?

Crone, Wick...? Even those guys were a toss-up. We are where we were expected to be - let's get the job done and qualify!

They are who we thought they were...and we let'em off the hook!