Tuna salad

Started by ramjet, March 02, 2018, 04:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

Tuna salad one of favorite sandwiches especially on sour dough bread.

Several packages of Tuna in pouch.
Slice thin a bunch of green onions and celery hearts.
Mayo
Season salt
Squeeze fresh lime juice in and mix it up.

bigG

Haha! I'm working at the jail tonight and brought a nice Tuna samich. Chunk tuna, olive oil, splash of cider vinegar, bit of mustard (no baby crap mustard!) finely chopped red bell pepper, chopped cilantro, topped with spinach and tomato on a toasted bolillo bun. Love tuna!!!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bigG

Reminds of a trip I took to Mexico with a group of HS kids. The food at most places we ate was amazing; but a lot of things my kids weren't used to. Pasta Bolognese, chilaquiles, brazo de reina, and all was a shock to their systems. So, we get to my favorite seafood place and they had mayo based tuna salad with saltines. The kids just tore it up right now.

ramjet

On whole wheat Ritz crackers fantastic Like the idea of mustard and cilantro add some Grill Your (deleted word) Off seasoning (Veteran owned company) Crispys Mango Habenaro seasoning is fantastic on fish and wings.

https://grillyourassoff.com

bigG

I'm thinking of grilling my rassoff!!! ;D Sounds Russian. ;)

imnofish

I once grilled my grass off, but then I got a bill from the fire department. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

ramjet

Quote from: imnofish on March 03, 2018, 07:14:11 PM

:o :o :o

bigG

My wife did that once. Almost lost our telephone pole. That was when I knew I married Mrs. Right!! 8)

littleguy301

Did it twice :o thank goodness my neighbor is the fire chief in my coozy little rural town ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 04, 2018, 01:40:07 AM

Did it twice :o thank goodness my neighbor is the fire chief in my coozy little rural town ;D

We were actually in the process of clearing our wooded lot, in preparation for construction of our home.  Burning some brush in a pit and suddenly the wind gusted... 
As the firemen quickly stopped the fire from spreading throughout our wooded subdivision, our neighbor walked over, shook my hand, and said, "Welcome to the neighborhood."  Funny guy...   
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

ramjet

Well I think we established some of you should not be trusted with matches !!!!!

imnofish

Matches?  I prefer flame throwers.   ;)

bigG

Not the matches so much as the gasoline that's a bit dangerous around the Mrs. Live (thankfully) and learn. JK, she never learns. Keeps thing interesting. Gives our neighbors something to chuckle about. We're kind of the pyros of the neighborhood.

imnofish

Actually, I only use dry twigs, leaves, pine needles, and pine cones.  No gasoline.  My idea of a flame thrower is actually a grill lighter, or some charcoals started in a "chimney-style" lighter. 

Going back to the recipe featured in this discussion, have any of you tried it with canned chicken, instead of tuna?  I'm thinking that might be tasty...

ramjet

Chicken salad is great

Smoked chicken off of the Big Green Egg or other grilling device. Cut into 3/4" chunks.
Dice onion, celery and add pineapple and of course mayonnaise mix together add some walnuts and grapes cut in half and you can get all the elements for fantastic sandwich. or on a cracker. I prefer fresh pineapple.