Time to Call Out the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Started by Wisconsin Wrestling Fan, February 19, 2018, 11:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauladamski

No problem Tom. Also, if I were you, I'd send every sports editor in the state a copy of the rankings every time they come out next year. Team and individual. They will likely publish the teams for sure and they might look into the individuals as well. I do notice they publish a weekly ranking for boys and girls basketball. As the voice of Wisconsin wrestling, WIWrestling can help promote the data at least to the editors. If they don't have to find it, they will be more inclined to publish it. It eats up inches in the paper and they don't have to pay someone to figure it out.

crossface21

These are the local My Community Now writers, it's an off shoot of the JS covering the suburbs. They regularly have articles. Tough as heck to find though on their website at times.

1Iota

Quote from: crossface21 on February 20, 2018, 12:35:31 PM
These are the local My Community Now writers, it's an off shoot of the JS covering the suburbs. They regularly have articles. Tough as inappropriate term to find though on their website at times.

This is the direction that the Journal has decided to move since the Purchase by the USA Today network.  Because the local My Community Now papers are all under the same umbrella, the decision was made to lessen the coverage in the Journal, &  transfer that coverage primarily to the My Community Now papers.  It is not just wrestling.  Other than a weekly look at rankings & key match ups there is almost no coverage of basketball in the Journal. 

bigoil

Quote from: crossface21 on February 20, 2018, 12:35:31 PM
These are the local My Community Now writers, it's an off shoot of the JS covering the suburbs. They regularly have articles. Tough as heck to find though on their website at times.
Follow them on twitter, every article is there.