Regionals 2018

Started by Wrestlologist, February 04, 2018, 09:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrestlologist

Per WIAA, it looks like Amherst, Manawa, Rosholt, Shiocton, Tri-County, Weyauwega-Fremont, and Wittenberg-Birnamwood are all in the Division III Amherst Regional this year.  Based on the CWC tournament results, these should be the favorites to place in the Regional:

106# Carter Greening of Weyauwega-Fremont; Bo Niewiadomski of Rosholt
113# Chad Moegenburg of Wittenberg-Birnamwood; Easton Groskreutz of Weyauwega-Fremont
120# Cian Fischer of Weyauwega-Fremont; Ethan Flannery of Shiocton
126# Jared Jahnke of Shiocton; Tyler Pynenberg of Manawa
132# Justin Kempf of Weyauwega-Fremont; Ryan Applebee of Tri-County
138# Sammy VanStraten of Shiocton; Logan Kicherer of Weyauwega-Fremont
145# Levi Snortum of Shiocton; Ean Marker of Weyauwega-Fremont
152# Adam Charnecke of Rosholt; Jeremy Landowski of Wittenberg-Birnamwood
160# Brandon Peckham of Tri-County; Dylan Sprague of Wittenberg-Birnamwood
170# Billy Reif of Shiocton; Zack Johnson of Manawa
182# Blake Johnson of Shiocton; Tyler Wetzel of Weyauwega-Fremont
195# Tyler Hess of Shiocton; Austin Bartel of Weyauwega-Fremont
220# Bryce Holderman of Amherst; Dylon Runge of Weyauwega-Fremont
285# Max Villnow of Amherst; Ben Gunderson of Shiocton

Pittsville is in the Auburndale Regional.  Bonduel and Menominee Indian are in the Coleman Regional. Almond-Bancroft/Pacelli is in Division II Almond-Bancroft Regional.

(Note: These are not necessarily my picks - just the favorites based solely on the CWC Tournament last Saturday. Also, I have heard of some possible weight class changes.)
Always do what is right ... God doesn't grade on a curve.

Victimizer

Your 170 needs revamping, you missed yesterday's champ.
Maybe  I'll crush your windpipe!!

Wrestlologist

Thanks, Victimizer.  Corrected original post.

switch_it

Also a few posts that have picks of Menominee Indian wrestlers but as you mentioned, they are in the Coleman Regional. 

Other than that, looks to be some good picks.  A few weight classes will have some nice battles for that 2nd spot to Sectionals. 

Wrestlologist

Thanks switch_it:  You are right. I forgot to take the Men. Indian wrestlers out of the favorites. They are in a different Regional (Coleman).  I corrected the original post.

catzfan

track wrestling shows Charnecke 152 Rosholt was DQ'd in the finals of the conference meet last Saturday. If true, and they have no additional meets this week, he will be ineligible for the regionals, thus ending his season.

imwi

Quote from: catzfan on February 05, 2018, 07:15:51 AM
track wrestling shows Charnecke 152 Rosholt was DQ'd in the finals of the conference meet last Saturday. If true, and they have no additional meets this week, he will be ineligible for the regionals, thus ending his season.

Theoretically, you could get DQ'd for other things besides a flagrant misconduct.  I'm not sure if track makes a distinction but let's say a guy locks his hands 4 times, he gets disqualified.  I don't know the wrestler and have no clue what happened, just a casual observation.  But if he did get a flagrant, you are definitely correct, his season is over most likely

dforsythe

He was not removed from the scoring (flagrant misconduct you lose all your points). I also don't see any team point deductions. I'm guessing he will be wreslting next week.

imwi

Quote from: dforsythe on February 05, 2018, 11:38:15 AM
He was not removed from the scoring (flagrant misconduct you lose all your points). I also don't see any team point deductions. I'm guessing he will be wreslting next week.

I never looked but good catch