Quick tasty healthy meals

Started by ramjet, February 02, 2018, 08:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

Spinach, onions, boneless skinless chicken breasts roasted and cubed, pickled Jalepeno slices, Rotel tomatoes or for less spicy use cherry tomatoes. You can also use lean ground beef.

Cook the chicken with alittle olive oil then remove from the pan.
Cook down the spinach and onions and until cooked down drain and then add the meat peppers and tomatoes and season to taste.

You can substitute many different veggies and add just a little Parmesan cheese for flavor.

Easy tasty quick healthy meal packed with vitamins and protein very low in carbs.
The peppers give it zing and you can use your imagination.

bigG

Boil three chicken thighs, remove and let cool, then  rip the meat off. While they're cooling throw in any and all vegetation that is a week or older from your fridge. Pepper, radishes, cabbage, green onions, cilantro, spinach, garlic etc., salt and pepper, or a double bullion cube. Boil the heck out of it until all vegetation is soft (might want to add the cilantro just at the end). Blend the whole mess, then add the chicken meat you pulled. This is my weekly lunch. You can't believe how great radishes are when cooked.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

Never had cooked radishes but I definately will try it.

bigG

Hate to waste 'em.

Good food can be cheap, easy to make and healthy.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.