Nebraska

Started by wrastle63, February 01, 2018, 12:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrastle63

Overall not a great result, but a lot of close matches we just didn't come out on top of. Jimenez, Stickley, Martin, Wick, and Robertson. Get a dominate win by Crone! Wonder when Crazy me will start getting respected in the rankings.... Hopefully we win a few more of the close ones against Illinois.

Also I know all the talk about the miss of Breske, but people talk about how Christensen isn't good and he has beat him two times this year. Would I like to have him on our team? Duh but he wouldn't be a starter.

billymurphy

Crone has earned his accomplishments and I really hope he puts it together in the Big Tens and the NCAA tournament.  From what I have seen, he is possibly the hardest working guy
on the team in the summers.

But it is what it is, Barry Davis is now 0-1 in his last four match stretch of the Nebraska, Illinois, Rutgers and Purdue
and we could not beat a very young Nebraska team.  

These are all middle of the pack teams and teams the Badgers should be able to compete with and certainly should not
get shut out against.  And third tier Purdue looks like the only team the Badgers can beat, and even that is no sure thing with
the way the Badgers are wrestling.  Purdue got beat against Northwestern tonight on the BTN but they will not lay down against the Badgers.

jets152

Really impressed with the campaign Crone has put together this year
I would've had a chance in WISAA.

wrestlemania

In dual wrestling, when you're top guy goes down, especially in the first match, it sets an ominous tone.

wrastle63

Quote from: billymurphy on February 09, 2018, 10:58:03 PM
Crone has earned his accomplishments and I really hope he puts it together in the Big Tens and the NCAA tournament.  From what I have seen, he is possibly the hardest working guy

But it is what it is, Barry Davis is now 0-1 in his last four match stretch of the Nebraska, Illinois, Rutgers and Purdue

These are all middle of the pack teams and teams the Badgers should be able to compete with and certainly should not
get shut out against.  And third tier Purdue looks like the only team the Badgers can beat, and even that is no sure thing with
the way the Badgers are wrestling.  Purdue got beat against Northwestern tonight on the BTN but they will not lay down against the Badgers.
"The Badgers should be able to compete. "

I know they lost, but they didn't compete? Look at all the close matches. There were 2 matches that weren't close out of 10. If we could have flipped a couple results maybe we win, but that's how the cookie crumbles.

Wrestling Thug

If "if" was a fifth we all would be drunk! Badger cookies seem to be crumbly all the Time! And Wick is not strong for his weight by the way.

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: wrastle63 on February 10, 2018, 06:13:53 AM
Quote from: billymurphy on February 09, 2018, 10:58:03 PM

"The Badgers should be able to compete. "

I know they lost, but they didn't compete? Look at all the close matches. There were 2 matches that weren't close out of 10. If we could have flipped a couple results maybe we win, but that's how the cookie crumbles.

The Close matches were not really that close, gave up riding time in 3 matches, ouch!!
Lost the takedown battle 15-9 (3 wrestlers had 7/9 takedowns)
Great win by Crone

leg turk

That may be the best I've ever seen Crone look.  Wrestling with Attitude!  Otherwise, Barry didn't have this team ready.

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: Japanese Whizzer on February 10, 2018, 08:32:18 AM
Quote from: Ivan Stankowski on February 10, 2018, 07:19:49 AM
The Close matches were not really that close,

Ricky's and Johnny's matches were very obviously close. Ricky needed an escape in short time to tie the match. If Johnny had gotten the takedown they reviewed, he wins. Obviously very close.

gave up riding time in 3 matches, ouch!!

I don't understand. Ricky won the riding time point and still lost. It's just a point. Is that like the measure of dominance, the riding time point? Also, 3/10 isn't really that many, considering we lost 7 matches.

Lost the takedown battle 15-9 (3 wrestlers had 7/9 takedowns)

This is our weakest phase, I'd say, and it's the most important. That's a problem. Crone/Jimenez excel on their feet. I'd call Hunter more than passable as well. For Lans/Stickley/Martin, it's likely the single skill holding them back. Have to get better, as a team. Have to.

But he didn't get the takedown and Sorry I don't think a 12-7 match is that close. Yes riding time can show dominance, but I am sure you wouldn't know anything about that.

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: Japanese Whizzer on February 10, 2018, 09:14:34 AM
Quote from: Ivan Stankowski on February 10, 2018, 09:07:28 AM
Sorry I don't think a 12-7 match is that close.

Imagine the insight you'd have into whether not this match was close if you had actually watched it, Ivan. (Yes, you outed yourself on not actually watching with this comment. Another great fan.)

WRONG!

dman

Hey JW....thanks for letting all of us know what a good fan is how we should feel and think about every wrestler, coach and program in the country.  I am not sure how some of us were able to function on here until you came along.

dad 2 5

As my son and I walked away from the Field House I had some thoughts, 1) Crone put on a clinic! Thank you Andrew!!!; 2) I remember a MN team coming in and with one move (bar arm) dominated the Badgers.  Last night Neb used one primary move in each match, power sit out with strong upper back arch. It was impressive. I am surprised the Badgers were not more prepared for that; 3) every year Wisconsin has a flat match, it seems to usuaully be against Northern Iowa. With that said, there is plenty to work on and they have to put it behind them as they have three more matches in the next few days.

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: Japanese Whizzer on February 10, 2018, 09:28:17 AM
Quote from: Ivan Stankowski on February 10, 2018, 09:07:28 AM
But he didn't get the takedown and Sorry I don't think a 12-7 match is that close. Yes riding time can show dominance, but I am sure you wouldn't know anything about that.

I want to make sure everyone understands this. If you get the riding time point, you dominated the match. Ricky did. But also, if you lose a near-fall in a one-point match, after both wrestlers have stopped wrestling and are just running out the clock, it wasn't close.

That means... Ricky Robertson dominated a match that he lost that wasn't even close.

Good talk, Ivan.

I want to make sure everyone understands this. JW is nothing more then your everyday internet bully !! Don't agree with him and he thinks coming back and twisting your words is ok!! I said "Riding time CAN show dominance" do you know the definition of "CAN" look it up!!!

As far as MR Wisconsin Badger super fan, how come it was ok for you to continue to call out a certain Badger wrestler but when you were called on it Crickets, nothing but crickets, so listen please don't paraphrase my comments for your pleasure!!

AZKing

Gotta say....I watched Anthony Valencia put up 16 first period points and win by major last night at the ASU dual. He also gave up the riding time point. He struggles on bottom. That's an understatement that everyone in the country knows. So he got dominated as he won by major decision? Clearly that's not the rule...but just because someone is tough on top doesn't mean they dominated a match. Delusional much?

BuckyMatt

Quote from: dman on February 10, 2018, 09:37:57 AM
Hey JW....thanks for letting all of us know what a good fan is how we should feel and think about every wrestler, coach and program in the country.  I am not sure how some of us were able to function on here until you came along.

+1

We can't be fans if we criticize the coach???