voices

Started by littleguy301, January 31, 2018, 11:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

I have to ask this and yes I am a tad off my rocker.

does anyone while sitting around with their dog talk with there dog and devolped a voice for their dog?

so while your talking with them  you ask a question and they respond in what you think they would sound like type of situation?

I know, I know my theripist is on vacation and looking for answers outside the medical field ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigG

I do my dogs voice all the time. Started when my son was little... used to crack him up.

If I ever meet you I'll into. you to my dog via his voice (that I gave him.) He just got over lyme's disease. I thought he was gonna die. Little Doxy and he's good, so far.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

My dog has her own voice, so I've never had to do what you guys do.  I just listen to what she has to say and respond in my own voice.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

fish,,,,,,,I totally understand what your saying but sometimes you have to have a voice with that look they give you.

my current guy talks all the time!!!!!! strangest things he does with that voice. Though he is such a little stinker and he knows what he is doing.

while my new grandson was in the swing, my dog vinnie walked over and lowered his head and stopped the swing and walked away and gave the look any teenager would,,,,,,what? I did nothing.... ;D

and people wonder why they are mans best friend ;D

littleguy301

Quote from: bigG on February 01, 2018, 07:37:43 AM
I do my dogs voice all the time. Started when my son was little... used to crack him up.

If I ever meet you I'll into. you to my dog via his voice (that I gave him.) He just got over lyme's disease. I thought he was gonna die. Little Doxy and he's good, so far.

my big guy that passed was a combo rocky balboa and hulk hogan and he swore non stop. My current guy is a cross between bill clinton and a mafia don. he doesnt shake, he does respect and lifts a leg and has a bent paw as to kiss it like the old mafia movies.

bigG

My dog has his own voice, too. He's a hound. Thing is they read you like a book. They know when you're mad, happy, whatever. You read them, too. You read their eyes and other body language. I could never have that bond with a cat. When we're in the woods, he checks up on me, and I check up on him. Work as a team. My dog sounds like cookie monster; only replace cookies with ANYTHING edible, but tofu and vegetables. He will eat veggies if they are cooked, though. I haven't tried tofu.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Yes, they do have their own voices.  To be honest, mine is fluent in French and is also a ventriloquist.    ;)

Seriously, you are right about the eyes and body language.  Sophie also seems to know how to tell time.  She comes to my wife or me and whimpers for her dental chew stick at 7:50 every night.  She's supposed to get it at 8:00, but she will start begging early, going back and forth from one of us to the other, until we finally give in at 8:00.  I swear that dog can stare for half an hour, if she's determined to get her way.  She can even get tears to run out of her eyes.  She is a champion beggar, for sure.  She also knows when we are expecting company and will sit facing the front door, barking in her high-pitched voice, for our visitors to show up (sometimes for hours).  When the kids are outside at the daycare down the street, she will beg me to take her for a walk; then pull me toward there so she can have a visit.  We have to really be careful not to mention different relatives' names, or she will get all excited and start waiting by the front door.  If she hears us mention the vet, she will go hide under our bed, though.  BTW, she absolutely loves veggies and would probably kill for peanut butter or popcorn.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!