Conference tourney

Started by Willie, January 29, 2018, 01:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie

Let's get some chatter going about the tournament on Saturday. I will give my top three place winners, some upsets I know but everyone knows they happen.

106 Greening w/f, Helser shi, Niewiadomski rosh
113 Moegenburg w-b, Groskruetz w-f, sokolski bon
120 Fisher w-f, Flannery shi, zoroomski w-b
126 Boldt Bon, Jahnke shi, Dammann pit
132 Kempf w-f, Applebee tc, griffin man
138 van Straten shi, Merritt pit, Urquhart w-b
145 Snortum shi, Damman pit, Marker w-f
152 Grimm pit, Volkman shi, A. Charnecke rosh
160 Peckham tc, Wayerski pit, Groshek rosh
170 Reif shi, Banker Bon, Sprague w-b
182 Banker Bon, Johnson shi, Wetzel w-f
195 Giese Bon, Meyers pit, Hess shi
220 Holderman amh, Massanz pit, Wussow Bon
285 Villnow amh, Gunderson shi, Uttecht w-b

I think 170 and 106 are the deepest weight classes in the tournament. 106 greening is the clear favorite but there is some good talent behind him. 170 anyone of the top three could win it, add in Johnson from manawa and konkol from Rosholt it makes a real nice bracket.

Gizmo6

Based off the results from the season as well as the multi-dual, I would not predict Johnson>Wetzel  ???

Willie

Quote from: Gizmo6 on January 29, 2018, 06:43:26 PM
Based off the results from the season as well as the multi-dual, I would not predict Johnson>Wetzel  ???
I don't believe they have ever wrestled? So what would you like me to base it off of? I saw that Johnson lost to Meyers 11-8 and I see that Wetzel beat Meyers 9-8. I also saw that Johnson lost to Giese 7-2 and Wetzel got pinned in 58 seconds by giese  in a very important match against bonduel!? So which would you like me to use to make my prediction?

falconfan

Throw in Hass amh at 145, Reick at 170, and
Sprague going to 182 to make a run to qualify for state. Keep it happy guys, its the greatest time of year.

bolognapony

Wetzel could win it if Banker doesn't go, Groskruetz could beat Moegenburg as well, I think Isaac Banker beats Reif again,

Final year

If Sprague is at 170 I see him and Banker in the final, wasn't a close match at multi dual between Sprague and Reif

bigdawg

Quote from: Final year on January 31, 2018, 12:03:11 PM
If Sprague is at 170 I see him and Banker in the final, wasn't a close match at multi dual between Sprague and Reif

Doesn't help that Reif got thrown twice.  I could see 170 going either way between those three and it will be all about who makes better adjustments from the last time they wrestled.  The 113 final also could be something special.

Willie

Let's see if that 113 final happens or if it happens in the semis. If Toellner from bonduel goes down to 113 they could argue the 1 seed given he beat Groskruetz head to head. 🤔🤔

bigdawg

Quote from: Willie on January 31, 2018, 01:50:40 PM
Let's see if that 113 final happens or if it happens in the semis. If Toellner from bonduel goes down to 113 they could argue the 1 seed given he beat Groskruetz head to head. 🤔🤔

You are smarter then you look Willie.  What a weight that would be if Toellner went down.  I feel like the conference is the deepest it has been in years. 

padre

Quote from: bigdawg on January 31, 2018, 06:15:16 PM

You are smarter then you look Willie.  What a weight that would be if Toellner went down.  I feel like the conference is the deepest it has been in years.  

I don't think it's a tougher weight if he goes down.  Theres a reason he hasn't wrestled 113 this year(Sokolski beats him).  Heck, maybe Wega doesn't have the kids drop for conference...I could see that too.  Plus that would minimize some points for Bonduel if regular 106 is knocked out of line-up and no guarantee Sokolski would do better as that weight is more loaded than ever before in the CWC.

That would make 126 a phenomenal weight to watch if all are there plus Cian.

I agree with bigdawg though....this will be the deepest conference tournament to my memory.

wrastle63

Add in Pittsville to an already very solid conference. Wow there are some solid kids being predicted 3rd.

milkman57

There are four teams ranked in the top 11 of D3 in the conference. That is pretty solid!

padre

Quote from: bigdawg on January 31, 2018, 06:15:16 PM

You are smarter then you look Willie.  What a weight that would be if Toellner went down.  I feel like the conference is the deepest it has been in years.  

Besides 170 maybe?  Has Reif beaten any of the top 170s?  I don't see Jahnke over Damman either. 

padre

Bonduel vs. W-B tonight so I guess that will show some hands where kids will be this weekend.

wrastle63

Anyone have predictions for the team race? Obviously WF beat Pittsville in the dual, but the tourney should be interesting.