Assembly of 15K+ Witnesses Buckeye Downing of Iowa at ‘The Schott’

Started by TomM, January 21, 2018, 09:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Assembly of 15K+ Witnesses Buckeye Downing of Iowa at 'The Schott'

Ohio State improves to 10-0 overall and 5-0 in B1G action

RELATED INFO

·        Follow the Buckeyes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 2 Ohio State University wrestling team was victorious in six of 10 bouts versus No. 4 Iowa and garnered a 4-0 bonus point advantage to stifle the Hawkeyes, 22-12, in the Top-5 matchup. Ohio State remains unbeaten (10-0, 5-0 Big Ten) after handing Iowa (9-1, 4-1) its first defeat of the season.

Buckeye bonus tallies came courtesy of major decisions by Joey McKenna and Myles Martin, and Kyle Snyder's dominating tech fall to wrap up the day's festivities. Additional OSU victors included Luke Pletcher, Bo Jordan and Kollin Moore each posting fruitful decision.

BOUT RESULTS

125 lbs | No. 6 Spencer Lee (Iowa) def. No. 1 Nathan Tomasello (OSU) | D, 3-2; Team Score:  0-3

133 lbs | No. 2 Luke Pletcher (OSU) def. Paul Glynn (Iowa) | D, 8-2; TS:  3-3

141 lbs | No. 11 Joey McKenna (OSU) def. Carter Happel (Iowa) | MD, 13-2; TS:  7-4

149 lbs | No. 2 Brandon Sorensen (Iowa) def. No. 6 Ke-Shawn Hayes (OSU) | D, 4-2; TS:  7-6

157 lbs | No. 2 Michael Kemerer (Iowa) def. No. 6 Micah Jordan (OSU) | D, 8-4; TS:  7-9

165 lbs | No. 8 Alex Marinelli (Iowa) def. No. 13 Te'Shan Campbell (OSU) | D, 4-1; TS:  7-12

174 lbs | No. 3 Bo Jordan (OSU) def. Kaleb Young (Iowa) | D, 10-6; TS: 10-12

184 lbs | No. 2 Myles Martin (OSU) def. No. 20 Mitch Bowman (Iowa) | MD, 17-8; TS:  14-12

197 lbs | No. 1 Kollin Moore (OSU) def. No. 5 Cash Wilcke (Iowa) | D, 6-3; TS:  17-12

HWT | No. 1 Kyle Snyder (OSU) def. Steven Holloway (Iowa) | TF, 24-9; TS:  22-12

A complete match recap will be posted at OhioStateBuckeyes.com
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

littleguy301

If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

wrastle63

Overall very good match. Would have liked to see Stoll vs Snyder though.

imwi

Quote from: wrastle63 on January 22, 2018, 03:40:15 PM

Why?  You know the result and so did Iowa which is why they didn't send him out.  Just a matter of how bad he'd beat him

wrastle63

Quote from: imwi on January 22, 2018, 07:49:40 PM
Quote from: wrastle63 on January 22, 2018, 03:40:15 PM

Why?  You know the result and so did Iowa which is why they didn't send him out.  Just a matter of how bad he'd beat him
Well yea I am not saying it would have been a 1 pt match, but would have been a heck of a lot better than their backup. Why would I have liked to see the #1 vs #3 HWT instead of #1 vs a backup......I wonder.

bkraus

Spencer Lee can sure ride.  Even though he didn't score against Tomasello in the second, he sure rode the inappropriate term3 out of him.  I was surely impressed.
Strive for Perfection

wrastle63

Quote from: bkraus on January 23, 2018, 10:00:16 AM
Spencer Lee can sure ride.  Even though he didn't score against Tomasello in the second, he sure rode the inappropriate term out of him.  I was surely impressed.
Agreed that single leg defense in the third period was insane. I don't know how Tomasello didn't finish that takedown.