Yelich

Started by fastnfurious, January 25, 2018, 06:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastnfurious

What do you guys think? I really like it. We gave up quite a bit but I think it'l be worth it. Huge get!

fastnfurious

Now Cain too! What the heck is going on?

leg turk

Love it!!!!!!!!  I hope they can pick up a nice pitcher or two!

TomM

They had Cain originally, right?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

fastnfurious

With the over abundance of outfielders you have to believe someone (Santana, Broxton, Phillips) will be traded for pitching. Also yes, Cain is a reunion. If I remember correctly he was in the Greinke trade.

leg turk

Brewers drafted Cain in 2004, and I believe only played one year for us in the Majors, and then went to the Royals.

I'm hearing rumors that Phillips and Santana could be traded for pitching. 

bigG

Quote from: fastnfurious on January 25, 2018, 06:29:02 PM
Now Cain too! What the heck is going on?

This one floored me. Gotta be able to hiss with the big boys
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bkraus

With having five years with both Yelish and Cain, giving up the prospects isn't as costly I think.

Now bring in Darvish!
Strive for Perfection

leg turk

Quote from: bkraus on January 26, 2018, 11:57:54 AM
With having five years with both Yelish and Cain, giving up the prospects isn't as costly I think.

Now bring in Darvish!

Don't you think Darvish would get lit up pretty good at Miller Park?  I don't know, maybe for the right price.

Ghetto

I like both deals, though we gave up more for Yelich than most teams would have given. We DO have a logjam of talent in the OF, and it is reported that Braun and Santana are both on the block, though neither will get a ton back it seems.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

littleguy301

Quote from: Ghetto on January 26, 2018, 05:42:23 PM
I like both deals, though we gave up more for Yelich than most teams would have given. We DO have a logjam of talent in the OF, and it is reported that Braun and Santana are both on the block, though neither will get a ton back it seems.

with the contract I think Santana is worth more to be honest.

I like the Yelich deal, ya maybe to much but we arent far away from a division if last year told us something.

another pitcher and I think we are right in the mix!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

fastnfurious

Yeah I don't see Braun going anywhere but it seems some teams really like Santana.

neutral

There's no room left for Santana & Aguilar.

MLB trade rumors has the Brewers and Indians discussing an OF (Santana?) and __? for Danny Santana.  Would love to see that. 

Cubs could also be talking Schwarber for Santana with the Indians.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

wrastle63

LOVE the Yelich trade but I wasn't super high on the Cain signing. It was a lot of money for a guy we necessarily didn't need at the moment. We could have  had Yelich in CF with Braun and Santana in the corners, but if the Brewers can pull of a Santana trade and get some pitching or a 2B then it will be a great move!

Houndhead

Quote from: neutral on January 28, 2018, 10:37:46 AM
There's no room left for Santana & Aguilar.

MLB trade rumors has the Brewers and Indians discussing an OF (Santana?) and __? for Danny Santana.  Would love to see that.  

Cubs could also be talking Schwarber for Santana with the Indians.
Danny Santana? Do you mean Salazar?