2018 Packer Draft

Started by The Last Ride, January 24, 2018, 08:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrastle63

Was a no brainer to move back and get a good player and a first round pick for next year.

Numbers

The math says this was a great trade for the Packers even if the Saints win the Super Bowl and the pick is #32 next year.  If the Saints find a way to miss the playoffs next year (1 or 2 key injuries), the pick is a top 20 pick.

If the Packers and Saints both make the playoffs, the Packers may have the option of combining the two first round picks in the 20's to move into the #8 to #10 range.

neutral

... not sure about that if Edmunds hits his ceiling ... especially considering the impact an impact LB could have on the rest of the D.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

wrastle63

Quote from: neutral on April 27, 2018, 12:39:18 PM
... not sure about that if Edmunds hits his ceiling ... especially considering the impact an impact LB could have on the rest of the D.
Look at Numbers post. We moved back and got a Dang good corner(look at what he did to Deshaun Watson and Mike Williams-two first round picks) plus a first rounder next year.

wrastle63

Super pumped about getting Jackson on round two!

ramjet

King comes back healthy we could be really tough in the secondary it's all about matching up with our NFC North foes so far so good.

Ghetto

Quote from: wrastle63 on April 28, 2018, 08:19:12 AM
Super pumped about getting Jackson on round two!

Same. I thought they were going to grab him at 27 when they moved down.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

The Last Ride

Players have to prove it on the field but some experts really liked the Packers draft . I really wanted either Edmunds or James ( So called blue chip players) but they drafted a highly rated player who was a  need and got a 1st round draft pick next year. Then had JJ fall to 45. Brian Gutekunst had a good three days for first draft.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6048159-nfl-insiders-say-the-packers-had-the-best-draft-out-of-the-nfc/partners/36476

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-all-32-nfl-teams-2018-nfl-draft-grades

"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

Numbers

Quote from: Numbers on April 27, 2018, 11:36:46 AM
The math says this was a great trade for the Packers even if the Saints win the Super Bowl and the pick is #32 next year.  If the Saints find a way to miss the playoffs next year (1 or 2 key injuries), the pick is a top 20 pick.

If the Packers and Saints both make the playoffs, the Packers may have the option of combining the two first round picks in the 20's to move into the #8 to #10 range.

And the Saints start the season 0-1 after losing to the Buccaneers 48-40.

MNbadger

Looks like the Packers will be 0-1 also.........
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

MNbadger

Apparently I spoke too soon........they look pretty weak though.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan

Ghetto

There are pundits picking the Bears to win the North. That's a good football team.

Matthews is an idiot. I'm ready for him to be gone. Does nothing. They need to draft OLB like they did DB this year.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

MNbadger

To be honest I did not watch the whole game. what I saw was a team that can't defend.

Numbers

Quote from: MNbadger on September 10, 2018, 10:32:59 AM
To be honest I did not watch the whole game. what I saw was a team that can't defend.
The Saints are the team that looked defensively challenged.

wrastle63

Quote from: MNbadger on September 10, 2018, 10:32:59 AM
A team that gave up 23 points can't defend? A lot of the points where off of Kizer with the pick 6 and fumble.