2018 Possibilities for Wausau West Sectional Match Ups.

Started by 2pointTakedown, January 18, 2018, 01:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunn County

Those are all good picks Hawk.   At least we got people reading this thread now and at least brought ledger into the mix.   Just pulling your leg.

I see Rebozo is down to 120.   That could be interesting. 
Skillings has to go to State somewhere.   Pretty full in the middle though. 

Was the Merrill 285 a place winner last year?

hawkfan

After all I'm not a coach...or am I? :)

I think for Skillings to do it maybe at 152?  Although I've not actually seen him wrestle this year

Merrill HWT a qualifier but didn't place.  Maybe then Rebozo or Kanable, but would think Bailey for sure.

I'm sure I left a few kids out.

The Last Ride

"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

Moose Knuckle

Quote from: Ledger on January 28, 2018, 12:13:38 PM
Quote from: Dunn County on January 28, 2018, 11:49:31 AM
HawkFan-

1).  Move this Wisconsin Valley thread over to the Wisconsin Valley page. If you do not know how to do that, PM Tom.
2).   If you want to know where Hudson will be at, just email Coach Hansen. You could even PM him here as he is sometimes on the forum. I'm sure he'll be straight with you. You might have to give him some information also though.
3).  If I sound like a jerk, it's because us old-timers long for yesteryear where at this time of the season this forum was a great place for entertainment and information. Fans and coaches and even athletes themselves speculated and strategized and made good friends. But that time is long passed and your false posts trying to gain information is partly to blame. That and all of the political banter years ago.  Keep this forum for entertainment and conversation among fans and friends.   Every post with a hidden agenda makes one less person read this forum.

I think its posts like these that are more likely to result in "one less person" reading this forum.  HawkFan's posts were completely within the spirit of what this forum is about.

Hey guys how do you put a snowflake emoji on here?

Moose Knuckle

Quote from: hawkfan on January 28, 2018, 12:13:40 PM
Dunn County - Wow not sure what that means.  So what is my hidden agenda?

Hey hawk private message me on February 10th around 11 AM and I will have the complete Hudson line up for you and know where everyone will be at for regionals. I got an inside scoop bud.

hawkfan

Moose - It's a deal.  By then the big secrets are out :)

2pointTakedown

Now this is getting fun again!    ;D. I missed the good old days!

Yea I think Hudson is going put more then a few in State.  I agree Skillings will return to state and Nathon Fuller from River Falls is looking really impressive this year.  Chance Baily and Rebozo will make it very interesting.  The Heavyweights from Hudson, River Falls and Merrill are going to be fun to watch.

guster

Looks like Wright from Menomonie dropped to 182.  He will be a challenge for Woodhull from Chippewa Falls for that 2nd spot, that kid has to be six foot five at least!  Would be a nice matchup of strength bed length.  I think Wright pinned Woodhull early in the year. But that may have been at 195.

wrastle63

Quote from: guster on January 29, 2018, 09:02:36 PM
Looks like Wright from Menomonie dropped to 182.  He will be a challenge for Woodhull from Chippewa Falls for that 2nd spot, that kid has to be six foot five at least!  Would be a nice matchup of strength bed length.  I think Wright pinned Woodhull early in the year. But that may have been at 195.
Yea Woodhull is solid. I don't follow this close enough what about team race? Is it Marshfield/Hudson?

hawkfan

You never know, but I would think most likely Hudson and Marshfield (at Marshfield this year).

There should be some good big boy matches.  145 and 152 are just crazy.  220 looks like Krueger from Antigo has the best track record.

Should be several state place winners out of this Sectional this year.

The Last Ride

Thing is the Hudson team has no events scheduled until regional tournament. No BRC/Dunn St. Croix tournament this year so the other side won't know where some of the kids will be.. Not sure if RF and other schools have any events before the regional. The Valley has their tournament this weekend.
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

2pointTakedown

Will be fun to see who goes to different weights tomorrow.

I love this time of year with seniors leaving it all on the mat.

Good luck wrestlers!

Stripes

Superior was much improved. River Falls made the team race fairly exciting right to then end. Tuesday night is going to be close dual. Can't possibly predict the winner.

hawkfan

My thoughts on Tuesday...anyone else?

I know guys will move around, but hard to predict that.  Certainly a few toss up matches.

106 - Fanning (Hudson) 6-0
113 - Anderson (Hudson) 9-0
120 - Dennee (Marshfield) 9-3
126 - Kanable (Marshfield) 9-6
132 - Fanning (Hudson) 15-6
138 - Pearce (Marshfield) 15-9
145 - Hertel (Marshfield) 15-15
152 - Hatch (Hudson) 18-15
160 - Anderson (Hudson) 24-15
170 - Osterman (Marshfield) 24-21
182 - Mitchell (Marshfield) 24-27
195 - Slark (Marshfield) 24-30