Fight shorts vs. Singlet

Started by joeski, January 07, 2018, 04:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the option to wear fight shorts?

Yes
No

CityGuy

I give them as an option to my teams I coach. Some kids wear them, some prefer singlets.  If your worried about what high school kids are wearing, I would argue your energy could be spent better elsewhere. Do some research, we didn't always wrestle in singlets. Any uniform (approved by the rules) that brings a new kid to a wrestling mat is a win for the sport.

GradeTough

Quote from: getyourpoints on January 11, 2018, 02:21:17 PM
Quote from: CityGuy on January 11, 2018, 12:02:23 PM
I give them as an option to my teams I coach. Some kids wear them, some prefer singlets.  If your worried about what high school kids are wearing, I would argue your energy could be spent better elsewhere. Do some research, we didn't always wrestle in singlets. Any uniform (approved by the rules) that brings a new kid to a wrestling mat is a win for the sport.

1000++  Who cares as long as THE KIDS like it, the last time I checked its about their experience at the HS, MS level not the spectators.

Not one thread about important issues like seeding state, getting rid of this bs 1.5% disaster, JHI, or match up predictions or big match ups tonight or this weekend. The most important topic should be what the Coaches association and WIAA are doing to make the sport more competitive in WI which would be the best solution to growing the numbers.
Instead the best bs winning % and fight shorts, maybe this is why WI wrestling is struggling on and off the mat.  

Are you having a bad day? Smile...it is wrestling season!

;D

imnofish

Quote from: getyourpoints on January 11, 2018, 03:49:51 PM
Lol
It kinda looks like that when I reread my post.
I do get exasperated with the fruitless thread vs real issues though.

Aren't most threads useless, other than providing us with cheap entertainment?   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

DocWrestling

Didn't we just copy the 1.5% rule from all these other so called successful states?

These other states are having the same discussions.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

GradeTough

I would agree that the 1.5% rule adds undo complexity. However, WIAA isn't going to reverse it or change now after having rolled it out so successfully. If anything they are going to add more support, right? I anticipate a mess come Regionals and Sectionals based on this rule.

joeski

So, getyourpoints, does that mean your in favor of the baggy shorts?

GradeTough

Quote from: joeski on January 12, 2018, 01:56:52 PM
So, getyourpoints, does that mean your in favor of the baggy shorts?
He wears fight shorts all year round. Haven't you seen him?

leg turk

Quote from: getyourpoints on January 11, 2018, 08:02:58 PM
Quote from: GradeTough on January 11, 2018, 07:42:43 PM
I would agree that the 1.5% rule adds undo complexity. However, WIAA isn't going to reverse it or change now after having rolled it out so successfully. If anything they are going to add more support, right? I anticipate a mess come Regionals and Sectionals based on this rule.
The WIAA just simply doesn't get how out of touch they are. They are more interested in rules more then supporting athletes and there growth. I would love an organization that said what can we do for the kids or what things can we do to aggressively get or kids opportunities.
Why would you want kids to hold there weight for months?? Who gives a rats behind if the kids cut weight later and can enjoy there time and the sport. The crap rule is making it to hard to want to do it.
The WIAA is the cause of half the decline in participation. They are a national joke!!!

What's the other half?

padre

Quote from: getyourpoints on January 12, 2018, 04:37:13 PM
Quote from: leg turk on January 12, 2018, 04:18:23 PM
Quote from: getyourpoints on January 11, 2018, 08:02:58 PM
Quote from: GradeTough on January 11, 2018, 07:42:43 PM
The WIAA just simply doesn't get how out of touch they are. They are more interested in rules more then supporting athletes and there growth. I would love an organization that said what can we do for the kids or what things can we do to aggressively get or kids opportunities.
Why would you want kids to hold there weight for months?? Who gives a rats behind if the kids cut weight later and can enjoy there time and the sport. The crap rule is making it to hard to want to do it.
The WIAA is the cause of half the decline in participation. They are a national joke!!!

What's the other half?

The rest is a combination of the sport being hard, and the evolution of the commitment the sport demands to be competitive.

Why are you still worried about Wisconsin wrestling?  I'm sure Minnesota has boards too.