Elkhart Lake/Howards Grove @ Mishicot  EL/HG wins 45-28
Reedsville @ Random Lake   RL wins 42-33

Tuesday Jan 30
Mishicot @ Random Lake
Cedar Grove @ Ozaukee

Sat Feb 3
Big East Tournament @ Ozaukee

CLC FAN

Thanks to Elkhart for always having duals on trackwrestling.  I wish it was a conference by-law that it had to be done that way... are we seriously trying to hide our kids talents and results in order to avoid being scouted or is trackwrestling still too tough to figure out 13 years after it came out?

Somehow every single team in the state navigates the system for regionals.  Most of us do for conference tournaments and big Christmas tournaments also. 

It's just hard when you want to see a sport grow and get kids the recognition they deserve and coaches seem unwilling to take really simple steps to get their kids' names in the paper.

Rant over

hasbeen

CG-B over Mishicot 51-25

hasbeen

Quote from: hasbeen on January 19, 2018, 02:18:46 PM
CG-B over Mishicot 51-25
I didn't see it on trackwrestling though...  ???   ;)

CLC FAN

CLC FAN

Either Cedar Grove or Random Lake will take a big step towards locking up the Big East title this Tuesday in CG.

Predictions?

hasbeen

Seems as though if RL has their best lineup on the mat they have the advantage, but without knowing who they'll be able to suit up Tuesday night it's tough to call. Maybe we need to implement an NFL like injury report to give the fans an idea who might be available. CG is healthy and they'll be able to line up 14, but it looked Saturday like RL went to Sheboygan North with an incomplete squad. Now I doubt the Rams will be forfeiting 4 weights Tuesday, but the question is who they have at a few spots. As is usually the case the coin flip will be important to both sides. There is bound to be some moving around to maximize some match-ups. With all this uncertainty I won't give a prediction, but I am predicting an exciting dual. I will also predict a full house and an electric atmosphere for the first time in a long time in the CG-B gym.

CLC FAN

RL over CG 33-30.  What a dual!  Lots of well-wrestled six minute matches, multiple come-from behind wins by both teams.  Great atmosphere too. 

With all the strategy involved in matchups, some of the marquee matches didn't happen last night (Rautmann vs Hoopman, Morgan vs A Vandenbush, etc.)  but hopefully they will this weekend as both CG and RL are at the Deerfield Scramble.

CLC FAN

Well, Reedsville nearly threw a huge wrench in things!  Dual at Random Lake tonight, 6 wrestled matches, Reedsville wins 4 of them with 3 pins, also playing their cards well in terms of giving and earning forfeits.  Random Lake was lucky to come out with the 42-33 win. 

Conference tournament is gonna be wild!  Some great brackets shaping up!     

CLC FAN

How many champs for each team?  What finals matchups are you looking forward to?  Let's get a little chatter going.

I'll start it off with no team over 4 champs.  Go.

Bandit

My Predictions. Had to do some research on most of these not knowing who they are.

106-Delsman RD over Large OZ
113-Ingalls RD over Tesarik M
120-Rautmann RL over Hoopman CGB
126-Kasper RD over Becker M
132-Schuh RD over Nelson ELGHG
138-Bock RL over Becker OO
145-Ward ELGHG over Testroete CGB
152-VB RL over Morgan CGB
160-Stelzer RD over Prinson CGB
170-VB RL over Rebedew ELGHG
182-Arendt RL over Schanilec RD
195-Wade CGB over Shields ELGHG
220-Schorer ELGHG over Feind CGB
285-Roll ELGHG over Navis OO

Random Lake-5 Champs, 0 Runner up
Reedsville-5 Champs, 1 Runner up
Elkhart Lake-3 Champs, 3 Runner ups
Cedar Grove-1 Champ, 5 Runner ups
Mishicot-0 Champs, 2 Runner ups
Oostburg-0 Champs, 2 Runner ups
Ozaukee-0 Champs, 1 Runner up

hasbeen

First going to have to predict who's going where. That might be the hard part.

106-Delsman RD over Large OZ
113-Ingals RD over Tesarik MI
120-Hoopman CGB over Bahr ELHG
126-Rautmann RL over Becker MI
132-Schuh RD over Hammen RL
138-Nelson ELHG over Bock RL
145-Ward ELHG over TeStroete CGB
152-Morgan CGB over VB RL
160-Stelzer RD over Prinsen CGB
170-Rebedew ELHG over Anzia CGB
182-Arendt RL over Schorer ELHG
195-VB RL over Wade CGB
220-Feind CGB over Schorer ELHG
285-Roll ELHG over Ruege RL

Elkhart/Howards-4 champs, 3 runner-ups
Reedsville-4 champs, 0 runner-up
Random Lake-3 champs,  4 runner-ups
Cedar Grove-Belgium 3 champs, 4 runner-ups
Mishicot-0 champs, 2 runner-ups
Ozaukee-0 champs, 1 runner-up

I seen Stelzer RD at 152 also so that would make 152 interesting, and RL has had a different line-up at 160-195 all year so hard to predict what they'll do. I'm sure CLC FAN is running a computer model as we speak and he knows where his best odds are.

Bandit

What would it take to get the Big East conference tournament combined with another conference tourney? The numbers for this tournament just arent there. 4 maybe some 5 man brackets. Combining with the EWC conference (TR, Brill, kiel, Valders, Chilton, etc.) which has teams from the same area as the big East would be a great tournament. I believe there are some other conferences that combine for a tournament. Any thoughts?

hasbeen

I think a combined BE / EWC tourney would be a great idea. They already include some of these teams in the summer baseball conference season so the relationship is already there with a number of the schools. Let's do this.