Pittsville

Started by Wrestlologist, December 16, 2017, 04:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrestlologist

I understand that Pittsville is now in our Conference.  What is the story behind that?  Why do we have to burn the wheels off our buses to go there?  Did we need another school in our Conference? How far is it now from one end of our Conference to the other?  Glad we are somewhat more centrally located in the CWC.  Mapquest says 1 hour 20 minutes and 66.9 miles away from WFHS.  Bonduel High to Pittsville is over 2 hours and 120 miles.  From my house to Milwaukee is less miles.
Always do what is right ... God doesn't grade on a curve.

Wrestlologist

Always do what is right ... God doesn't grade on a curve.

wrastle63

Pittsville had 2.5+ hour rides to Phillips and Chequamegon so 1 long ride to Bonduel is better for them obviously.

Willie

1hr 53 mins to Phillips, 2hr 18 mins to chequamegon so not 2.5+. Let's face it as far as wrestling goes they wanted to get away from Stratford. Mission accomplished, and on top of it they get to host the multi dual so they don't even have to travel but everyone else does.

wrastle63

Quote from: Willie on December 17, 2017, 07:22:09 PM
1hr 53 mins to Phillips, 2hr 18 mins to chequamegon so not 2.5+. Let's face it as far as wrestling goes they wanted to get away from Stratford. Mission accomplished, and on top of it they get to host the multi dual so they don't even have to travel but everyone else does.
On a bus in the winter yea.

padre

I don't think any coaches liked adding that ride. On a brighter side they do bring some good competition to the conference as they usually field a good team and this year they have plenty of good wrestlers.  It did seem a bit odd that they were able to host the multi dual right away.  At least when you travel there a good dual will happen...we have some teams that have to travel quite a distance and might have 4-7 matches total when you get there.

122 miles is pretty insane for a conference opponent.