2 Teams from one Conf. ?

Started by maggie, December 04, 2017, 09:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

it's amazing how the big ten got dissed again by the Slect Com.  :o   
                                                                                          Kirby Hocutt / Teaxas/ chair             
                                                                                          Frank Beamer / Virginia / member
                                                                                          Jeff Bower / Southern Mississippi / member
                                                                                          Bobby Johnson / Tennessee Vandy / member
                                                                                          Jeff Long / Arkansas / member
                                                                                          Dan Radakovich / South Carolina  Clem/ member   
                                                                                         :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

ramjet

They picked the top 4-teams in the Country period end of story.............

bigG

Yup. The best 4. Sorry if it hurts, Maggie. Gotta play tougher to get that love. To me, the biggest upset last week was GA whoopin' up on Auburn. Auburn had been playin' lights out. tOSU beating us really wasn't an upset. Good test for a young team, though. Our best days area ahead.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

npope

I am a little surprised by the geographic bias as to where the committee members come from - all southern/eastern folks (which explains some of the decision making). I would have thought the west coast and northern part of the country would have insisted on having a representative on the committee. One would like to think that this committee could operate without a bias, but...if all you hear is how great a local team is and they are whuppin' up on local folks then no one should be overly surprised by their sincere bias toward a team with which they are familiar.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

maggie

Barry was one of only 3 from the north before he retired from the Committee, there are only 2 left from the north, ORE and EMich  thats it     GO FIGURE  :)

bigG

I think even Barry would have to vote for the two southerners to go. Can't use record as his logic.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

maggie

not so sure about that nud...maybe