no more doubting our Badgers !

Started by maggie, November 27, 2017, 06:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricGuy

Quote from: Houndhead on December 05, 2017, 01:56:20 PM
Didn't hear any complaining here when we played LSU and Bama. Doesn't Bama owe us a trip to the Tundra?

Nah - Bama it was just a straight up neutral site (not really neutral if you ask me - Arlington TX), LSU was @ Houston that was their regional neutral and our regional neutral was @ Greenbay

I think they are only going to do the Greenbay thing every four years with the next being Notre Dame there in 2020.   That year has a nice non-conf schedule with Syracuse at home also.

Then in 2021, buckle up, probably my favorite schedule ever as a badger football fan  - the season starts and goes in this order with PennState @ home, Syracuse @ NY, Notre Dame @ Soldier field, Mich @ home, Minn @ Twin Cities, Army (Very cool) @ Home, ILL @ Champaign, NW @ Home, , Rutgers @ NJ, Purdue @ Home, Neb @ Linc, Iowa @ Home <--- Who can't love that schedule from a competition and timing stand point. 
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

Houndhead

The good thing is if we lose to Syracuse it won't hurt our ranking. ::) ::) ::)

ElectricGuy

Quote from: Houndhead on December 06, 2017, 10:25:52 AM
The good thing is if we lose to Syracuse it won't hurt our ranking. ::) ::) ::)

I know, that one is a hard one to swallow,  if I were Alabama and let say they were left off, how could you argue Clemson over Bama.  Then if you look at WI, which one loss looks worse to OSU or to Syracuse.   With the field being limited to 4, still too much subjectivity IMO.   Need to expand to 8
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

bigG

I was pleasantly surprised to see Indana playing much better ball of late. Nice coaching going on.

Iowa always has the heart but not the talent. Nebraska's starting over. They should. Like us, they have the hogs, just need to get them all in the same barn.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

maggie

IND has some darn good players !   
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

bigG

They do. Looking to the future, they should be an emerging power. Illinois should, too; but, if this next cycle doesn't work for Lovie, he'll be out in 4-5 years.

maggie

I like our chances next yr, were so young, Great Exp.  ;)

bigG

Need a QB that is even the tiniest threat to throw. I hope he goes to camp and actually works on his mechanics.

Houndhead

Quote from: maggie on December 03, 2017, 08:16:13 AM
Not to be.... :(   Congrats OS.....we are a very young team, but the bottom line is, with 4 Mins to play, we had 2 very good shots at going down to win that game! no excuses, but a few calls here or they could have made the differance and not blaming the refs for the game but The officiating suck the whole game, 1 call that really stood out was the huge missed call by the top officiating team from the big ten, was the holding call against us on the last drive while they were also flaged for holding,  OFF SETTING should have been the call, instead it was 2 and 20...  :o   OS Beat a darn good young Badger team by 6 points....Great season Bucky !  :)

By my count, this very young team you speak of is losing 8 seniors from a defense that carried this team to an undefeated regular season.

bigG

Crap. I didn't notice that.

Will Cichy be back next year?

maggie

yes, were losing a few good ones, but we have a lot of depth at them positions      :)

Houndhead

Quote from: bigG on December 08, 2017, 08:11:39 AM
Crap. I didn't notice that.

Will Cichy be back next year?

I don't know if he can get another season of eligibility.

Garrett Dooley, Joe Ferguson, Natrel Jamerson, Derik Tindal, Leon Jacobs, Chikwe Obasih, Alec James, Connor Sheehy, and maybe Cichy will be gone. Nick Nelson could leave early. I think just Fumagalli, Ramesh, and Jazz Peavy from the offense

bigG

It'd be nice if we could land another Russell Wilson from the deep pools of the likes of tOSU or some southern power.

I would think we'd offer a nice package for a career minded QB with a solid GPA and solider throwing skills.

maggie

2019    QB Graham Mertz commits to Wisconsin  :)

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"