Let's get some predictions!

Started by guster, November 26, 2017, 08:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guster

Last year the Big Rivers thread was crickets!!!  Come on people let's get this thing going!  Everyone has their skin folds on Trackwrestling except chippewa falls and rice lake; so let's get our weight class predictions in before Thursday's opener.  Yeah I know you're not sure exactly where Jimmy Wrestler is gonna wrestle, or who has freshmen coming in for the lower weights...don't care, that's the fun part!  Quit reading posts and start making some!!!  Give your top two from each weight class in the conference and feel free to give your reasoning.  I'll be throwing my picks up early part of this week.  Big Rivers has some of the best wrestlers in the state...let's see if we can kick things up a gear on the forum this year!

guster

This wasn't easy and really got my mind in wrestling mode.  Disclaimer:  the lightweights are not my area of knowledge...have no clue about any freshmen coming in, but that just allows you to reply back with your knowledge, and I don't know what to do with all of Hudson's middle weights; someone may have to sit.

106:  Honestly no clue. But hey Johnson from Memorial (no clue what he skin folded) and Fanning from Hudson cause I recognize the name.

113:  Draveling Hudson and B Cernohaus RF...with Johnson in the mix if he's here.

120:  Duerkop from North and S Cernohaus RF.

126:  Rebozo RF and Schimmel CF

132:  M Anderson Hudson and Huset from Memorial.

138:  Phillips North and Fanning\Hansen Hudson.

145:  Hatch Hudson and Borth RF.

152:  Things start to get interesting.  Skillings Menomonie and Fuller RF.   Fuller was beating Skillings at conference till Skillings caught him...gonna be in RF next week to watch this one,

160:  Anderson Hudson and Boyette Menomonie.  Pomietlo CF could make things interesting, but Anderson is the king here.

170: Smith Memorial. Cicha Hudson and Callub Paulson RL.  Like Smiths length; Cicha and Paulson are grinders.  Paulson may be at182, but I think he's better suited at 170 and will finish the year there.

182:  Woodhull CF and Wright Menomonie.  One or both may start at 195, guessing both will end up at 182.  Woodhull would be a big182 and could make a state run; Wright is maybe a year away as his weight catches up with his frame.

195:  Kamrowski RF and  Haivland Menomonie.  Kamrowski was undersized last year and won conference at 195; if he's the full 195 he's gonna be tough.  Haivland would be undersized, but may need to sacrifice for Wright...unless he can get to 170.

220:  Ripley RF, Broome North and Thompson Menomonie.  Hate to say it but 220 looks a little weak on paper this year it's an open race.  I picked Ripley because he wrestled 285 for RF at the end of last year weighing about 200 lbs and held his own.

285:  Godbout Hudson and Williamson RF.  You can't teach length and Goodbout has it in spades, Williamson has had a hard time staying on the mat, but when he's on it he wins his matches.  I also like Johnson from RL...but don't see him on the roster.

There you go, love it or hate it I'm putting it out there...One mans opinions.  Would LOVE to hear your opinions and insights and don't be afraid to be a "Homer"...you're supposed to love your team!

duerkop5

106:  ??

113:  Draveling Hudson, Guzman EC North

120:  Rebozo River Fall, Hunsberger Hudson

126:  Johnson EC North, Wagner Chippewa

132:  M Anderson Hudson, Duerkop EC North

138:  Phillips EC North, Fanning Hudson

145:  L Hatch Hudson, Fuller River Falls

152:  Skillings Menomonie, Bergeron Chippewa

160:  J Anderson Hudson, Paulson Rice Lake

170:  Smith EC Memorial, Haviland Menomonie

182:  Wright Menomonie

195:  ??

220:  ??

285:  Godbout Hudson

guster

We have Duerkop at totally different weights...judging from your username I'm gonna assume you have better information than I do!

Realized I kind of shorted Memorial except Smith...I just don't see them enough to know their guys; would love for some Memorial fans to spread the love for their squad

guster

Was feeling "ok" about my picks and than looked at the results of Menomonie and Chippewa Falls and weights were all different then what I expected especially from Menomonie.  Have to wait and see if this was just coach Casey matching up or these are the weights till the allowance later this month.  Saw Wright pinned Woodhull at the end of the match, am interested how the match played out...if anyone was there please share.  I had picked Woodhull to win, but again you can't teach length and man is Wright long!