Leftovers

Started by ramjet, November 25, 2017, 09:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

Any better leftovers than smoked turkey club sandwich with tomato, smoked turkey, bacon, lettuce, whole wheat bread little cranberry relish and of course a dab of stuffing.  :P

bigG

The only time when I make a samich that has cranberry sauce on it.

I don't know what it is about the chemistry between corn, gravy and stuffing with some dark meat in there; but God I love it! Wish I could eat like that every day.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

I absolutely agree. I cook my bacon on the big green egg the little extra smoke makes a hide difference in flavor on the club sandwich.

bigG

ramjet

Quote from: bigG on November 27, 2017, 07:10:26 AM
Pork + smoke = heaven

yes indeed plus baking bacon allows you to control the crispiness. Burnt pork belly with hard carmelized brown sugar is heaven when covered in BBQ sauce.......umm ummmm ummmmmmmmmm talk about percent of body fat  :o :o :o :o :o

bigG

The fat, sugar and salt make the flavor, baby. No guilt in great flavor.

bigG

Quote from: ramjet on November 28, 2017, 07:06:35 PM
Quote from: bigG on November 27, 2017, 07:10:26 AM
Pork + smoke = heaven

yes indeed plus baking bacon allows you to control the crispiness. Burnt pork belly with hard carmelized brown sugar is heaven when covered in BBQ sauce.......umm ummmm ummmmmmmmmm talk about percent of body fat  :o :o :o :o :o

It's so much easier to bake bacon. Should have named it bakon. So much easier to save the drippings, as well. I'd caution against grilling bacon, though.