Tic Toc...

Started by matman, November 21, 2017, 11:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matman

Things are pretty quiet over here this year so far

Will WEGA win the conference again?

Pittsville, will they become the new CWC Powerhouse?

Who are the freshman? As of right now I haven't looked into it, but a solid freshman class may win a conference title for a team this year!

To win a conference title this year I think WEGA has a slight edge. But that's just because of their hammers at the light weights. If Shiocton gets all their guys out they may contend too! Other then that, its wide open. Lets see what kind of impact Pittsville makes this year!

falconfan

Amherst brings a good Freshman class but will not be able to run with the perennial top schools. The loss of the Rieck boys, Luck Wright, and now Grant Krogwold due to injury is too much to overcome. Our 2 bigs will still do what they do.

padre

Same problem as Amherst here....bunch of good youth wrestlers now walking the halls in high school  instead of in the room.  Once injuries and code violations subside WB will have a full squad but for the most part very young.  Somewhat in a rebuild mode but will have 10-11 of the weight classes filled by frosh and sophomores.  Some good classes to follow could bring good things down the line but too young right now most likely to compete with the top three.  With the experience and when everyone gets to their weight we won't be bad.

Going to be more good duals than usual this year.  Pittsville has a very nice senior class and may be the frontrunner(although by fat tests it doesn't look as promising but that could change) but Wega should fill all classes and will be a good dual team(with excellent lower weights).  Shiocton has the studs but needs to fill the classes.  Also, don't sleep on Bonduel with a very good freshman class and some very good upperclassmen.  It may be one of the better conference tournaments this year.

Unfortunately as said in a prior post many of the duals will take place on one Saturday at the end of the year instead of Thursday nights.  Lots of good wrestling that day.

wrastle63

Quote from: padre on November 24, 2017, 03:24:17 PM
Same problem as Amherst here....bunch of good youth wrestlers now walking the halls in high school  instead of in the room.  Once injuries and code violations subside WB will have a full squad but for the most part very young.  Somewhat in a rebuild mode but will have 10-11 of the weight classes filled by frosh and sophomores.  Some good classes to follow could bring good things down the line but too young right now most likely to compete with the top three.  With the experience and when everyone gets to their weight we won't be bad.

Going to be more good duals than usual this year.  Pittsville has a very nice senior class and may be the frontrunner(although by fat tests it doesn't look as promising but that could change) but Wega should fill all classes and will be a good dual team(with excellent lower weights).  Shiocton has the studs but needs to fill the classes.  Also, don't sleep on Bonduel with a very good freshman class and some very good upperclassmen.  It may be one of the better conference tournaments this year.

Unfortunately as said in a prior post many of the duals will take place on one Saturday at the end of the year instead of Thursday nights.  Lots of good wrestling that day.
Hard to see Pittsville winning it. They don't have enough kids in my opinion, but they do have they very good wrestlers who will place high.

padre

Quote from: wrastle63 on November 29, 2017, 07:26:33 AM
Quote from: padre on November 24, 2017, 03:24:17 PM
Same problem as Amherst here....bunch of good youth wrestlers now walking the halls in high school  instead of in the room.  Once injuries and code violations subside WB will have a full squad but for the most part very young.  Somewhat in a rebuild mode but will have 10-11 of the weight classes filled by frosh and sophomores.  Some good classes to follow could bring good things down the line but too young right now most likely to compete with the top three.  With the experience and when everyone gets to their weight we won't be bad.

Hard to see Pittsville winning it. They don't have enough kids in my opinion, but they do have they very good wrestlers who will place high.

They should have had 11-12 starters returning.  It looks like most are returning by fat tests so I think they will be pretty tough to beat this year.  I can see every team has at least a kid or two from last year that should be starting that didn't even take the fat test so I guess we are all dealing with that.

Shiocton vs Bonduel gets it kicked off tomorrow which will start to shed light on things.

wrastle63

I will revise my statement. Since I said they they had a handful of more wrestlers pinch. They might be front-runner. They are more bottom heavy though.

padre

After a couple weeks it looks like things are holding up. 

Pittsville no doubt the frontrunner. 

Wega vs. Shiocton should be pretty close for what would seem to be second place in the dual standings.

W-B will now have some kids back and I think will have close duals with most besides probably Pittsville.

Bonduel lost a tough one vs. Shiocton and will challenge everyone to great duals besides maybe Pittsville.

Probably the strongest dual-wise that this conference has been in a long, long time.

padre

Nice win by Bonduel tonight.  I'll be the first to predict they beat Coleman at regionals with the two forfeits Coleman looks like they are going to have and the kids Bonduel has coming back soon.  No more flying under the radar. ;D ;D ;D

Willie

Bonduel still doesn't win conference.